Desktop Pen Base

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Codger

Old Codger

I'm in the process of making a couple of desktop pen/pencil sets and need a source for the set's bases. I don't have the facilities, experience to make them myself and wonder if anyone knows of a source for them. The bases need to be 'blank', unfinished as I need to add a military insignia and the pen/pencil holders. Thanks in advance for your sage advice and safe turning to you all!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fay Prozora

They sell wood at Walmart that look like plaques and you could add hardware like the pen funnel thing or make little pen brackets for 2 pens or pen and a pencil and such to those and put a finish on them and voila! No one would ever know you purchased the bases. I buy them for pyrography ( wood burning ) I get great results. You can find them in the craft section at the store. I'm sure Micheal's and Joann's would have them also or any other craft store. Good luck with what ever you do. Fay

JD Combs Sr

I have a tutorial in the library for a stand. It wouldn't be very difficult to mount two of the stands on one base and make base large enough to incorporate the military logos. It would probably be appreciated more if it were "hand" made like the pens.

Nedge

Pen Set Bases

I can assist you with the bases. What dimensions did you have in mind, are you using brass funnels or inserts? Species of wood required for the bases?
Thanks
Ed
Ladysmith, BC

Top Bottom