Bird house

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skewer

Skewer

My first attempt at a bird house. The roof is walnut and the main section is maple. The finials are are from some cherry my uncle found tearing down his barn a couple years back. My mom saw these at the local woodcraft and had an excitable reaction, so i thought i would make her one. Also - you can get a pack of the birds at hobby lobby for under 4 bucks, and they are on sale right now for less. I drilled a small hole and just used some thread to hang it...So overall a cheap project if you have the scraps laying around.

Attachments

• Capture12.JPG
    Capture12.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nice job - these are one of my favorite projects this time of year. I use those Hobby Lobby miniature birds also - they really finish it off.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice job. These are also on my list for next week. Last year I missed making some of these. They are also very addicting.

ToddS

Great looking little birdhouse. They are a lot of fun to make. Craft Supplies USA sells the little birds in a pack. Pretty cute!!!! Not sure what the competitors are selling them for, nor the sizes, but CS has a pack of 9 for about $7. They're about the size of a dime. Nice for tiny birdhouses.

jttheclockman

That came out really nice. I am in the midst of finishing up a few I have done for my show this Saturday.

As far as those little birdies go, just when I think I have a site that carries all the ones I want they stop carrying them.

They are fun to make and actually there is some work involved in them that goes unseen. You did good and thanks for showing.

Top Bottom