Back in the saddle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

Well, after an entire day of cutting and gluing up 50 snakeskin tubes, I decided to get a little color casting in.

I just got my 5 gallon can of resin from illstreet, so decided to go for it. All in all I cast 45oz of resin, something like 20 blanks. I'm exited to see the blanks, it was rough to do such a large cast without my "casting partner" aka Emma, but she has practice all day today so I had to go it alone on this one.
Pics up tomorrow most likely, but I have a large slab with 6 different white/pearl colors, a small slab in glittery pink and gold , a 4 blank set with colors my dad picked, blue/red/purple, and a few blanks which are purple and white.
Ahhhh its nice to cast colors again, much less stressful than snakes:wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

I bet you got high after all that casting!:biggrin: I bet they are some good looking casts! If they are anything like the ones I got from you, they are awesome!

ZanderPommo

Pics

ok heres the last two castings

full pic
SDC12514.jpg

emma's blanks
SDC12530.jpg

I did this one (colors picked by my Dad)
SDC12531.jpg

small slab (pink and gold)
SDC12529.jpg

small slab emma cast
SDC12524.jpg

large slab I cast, and essentially ruined since I had 2 run somewhere and the colors settled
SDC12523.jpg

6 color white slab
SDC12518.jpg

purple and white
SDC12517.jpg

RogerH

Hey Zander:

Forgot to mention when I pm'd you that the casts that you and Emma did really rock !! Some very cool colors.

I may reach out to you and ask for advice in the next few weeks. I just ordered my first resin saver mold and resin. A buddy at work wants me to cast some civil war buttons for him. I'm really interested to try.

See ya.

Roger

ZanderPommo

Roger, first of all, thank you very much.
Second, I just PM'd you before I read this, If you'd like to come over sometime I'd be happy to show you how to cast whatever you'd like.

Lenny

Looking good Zander! I'm surprised you could do it without Emma's help! :):biggrin::smile-big:

Looks like you have some fantastic colors going there .... but I'll bet the white one makes some pretty nice pens as well. Can't wait to see some of them turned!

I hope I can find one more day to do some casting but temps have already dropped here .... chance of snow tonight here on the coast! :eek:

ZanderPommo

temps are low here too Lenny, buy AIRTIGHT tupperware, and cast outside, seal molds in tupperware, and bring it in to cook :wink:

And I'm surprised I pulled it off too, its much easier to only do half at a time, since half is only like 10 blanks, though as it gets cooler it should get easier

Last edited:
Top Bottom