Proxxon Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
I have a finite amount woodshop space. I found Proxxon Miniature Power Tools. I'd be using them to cut pen blanks and other material to use as overlays for bow tips. Does anyone have any experience using these tools? I usually just use a hand saw and mitre box. So these small tools would make things easier for me. Thanks for your input.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duke851

I have a few of the tools. (miter saw, band saw, disc sander) They are great for what they are but are made for modelers.
I use the band saw to cut my blanks to length and the disc sander to true them but it would take forever to make a blank. They are fantastic for working on small stock and balsa wood but don't replace full size tools.

TonyL

I bought the miter saw and love it...but I am only using to make straight cuts on blanks up to inch thick. Therefore, it is a very limited tool for me. Check out the specs and make sure that it will make the cuts that you intent to make. It is definitely compact. There are also some visibility issues in terms of seeing what you are cutting. While it cuts blanks well, it is probably designed for small dimension work.

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
Thank you for the info. I'll go back read the specs again. I don't think they will work with work with some of my blanks. I have more hardwood than soft.

CaptainJane

miniature tools

I have Byrnes Model Machines disk sander and table saw. Both are fantastic machines, and very accurate.
The Table saw's maximum cut thickness is less than 7/8 inch, so it is just a hair short when cutting fat blanks. Regardless, they are a pleasure to work with, very accurate, and (for me) safer than their full size brothers.

Anglesachse

I have quite a few Proxxon tools and am very happy with them.

I have made a small table for the MICRO Router. The main parts are water-cut out of hard Aluminium.

If anybody would like the plans, Drawing as PDF, Watercut as DXF, please let me know and I will mail them, free of charge of course, to you.

Attachments

• anhang2.jpg
    anhang2.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 90
  • anhang3.jpg
    anhang3.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 96
  • anhang4.jpg
    anhang4.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 80
  • anhang5.jpg
    anhang5.jpg