Drill Doctor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Look at the specs, I believe that it may take a bigger size drill bit. If you can afford it and really want a DD then I would suggest getting the DD750X (I believe) it takes up to a 3/4" drill bit. Check the specs on their website to be sure. I hope that this helps a little.(or a lot)[:D]

Mike

Fred

The DD750 does indeed take the larger bits. The DD (all of them) do an excellent job of re-dressing the bits - even newly purchased bits. A sharp bit really makes life easier and crisp edges are nice as well.

Even if you don't have any larger 3/4" bits, I would recommend the larger 750 model as it is studier and has more capabilities. [:D]

Randy_

Actually, both the 500 and the 750 will do split point bits.

At normal retail prices, the 500 and the 750 are better choices because of their greater capability. OTOH, $38 for the 350 is an excellent value, especially for folks on a tight budget.

I would hazard a guess that 99% of DD owners would say the money spent on their unit was one of the best tool investments they ever made!!

jack barnes

I went to sears today the 350 was $60. the 500 was $130. and the 750 was $160. I decided to wait and put the 750 on my Christmas list my daughters want from me. That way maybe it will not cost me anything.
Jack

Texatdurango

I'm on my second Drill doctor, having the first one for many years. I "upgraded" to the 750 for the simple fact that it could sharpen split point bits or even put a new split point on an existing bit.

Not wanting to put too fine a point on the subject but drilling pen blanks end grain, the split point bits sure aid in accuracy and keep the bits from wandering and following the grain. I would spend the extra money just for that feature.[:)]

Dario

Originally posted by jack barnes
<br />I went to sears today the 350 was $60. the 500 was $130. and the 750 was $160. I decided to wait and put the 750 on my Christmas list my daughters want from me. That way maybe it will not cost me anything.
Jack

Jack,

If you watch Amazon you might get lucky. I got my 750x on sale for less than $70.00 after rebates. I believe a few others here got the same deal.[^]

guts

Jack,I got mine from sears today(750x) for $127.00 plus a rebate for a free wheel,not sure what that is worth,all I know is it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom