Custom Workbench

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithncsu

Still new to this whole thing and have yet to turn anything... But that changes this weekend!! I found the plan for this bench on a blog and adapted it to fit my needs. I lengthened it from 6 to 8 feet and made it narrower so my wife could open her car doors. Also added my own dust collection system (rudimentary for sure) and made the bottom shelf shorter to allow my shop vac to roll in and out. Still have some finishing touches and need to sheet the top shelf but it's mostly done!

Going to try to add pictures but it's my first time so hopefully it works.
paTb3cP.jpg

bgK09WX.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithncsu

I think that piece of wood mounted in the lathe may be a challenge to turn....:biggrin:

Ed

HA! It would indeed be a problem! That was actually my first attempt at making one of MesquiteMan's "pretty darn near perfect dust collection" box things. Whatever they are called! I need to make a few modifications on version 2.0 eventually.

keithncsu

Nice work bench. Well thought out and workmanship is on the money.

Ben

Thank you sir! I spent several years working in residential home remodel with a very close friend during the summer months. Learned quite a bit about general carpentry, framing, and some trim work. I know my way around tools thanks to that and will be forever grateful!

76winger

Looks Good!
I'm challenged with organizing the garage of my new home to accomodate what used to fit in twice as much space and I'm thinking the concepts of this might help.
Thanks for sharing!

keithncsu

Looks Good!
I'm challenged with organizing the garage of my new home to accomodate what used to fit in twice as much space and I'm thinking the concepts of this might help.
Thanks for sharing!

I can't take all the credit! I came across this one while searching workbench plans. Found it at http://gingerandthehuth.com/2012/08/diy-work-bench/

I modified it to fit my needs - changed from 6' to 8' and cut about 8" in depth.

I think it was originally a Family Handyman plan that you can still find out there for other detailed info they don't provide on their blog.

Top Bottom