Circuit Detective

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

FYI - Harbor Freight sells a similar gadget for around $20. The reviews are generally good.

As an electrical engineer, I understand the theory of how it works. I also understand there are circumstances that could cause it to not work that have more to do with the wiring of the electrical system where it is being used than with the design of the gadget.

If I were a commercial electrician who wired houses for a living, I could see how this might save a few steps, and perhaps a little time. But as a homeowner, there are equally good alternatives that don't cost anything, and I have better uses for the $25 (or $20 for the HF version).

gtriever

I have one that I picked up at Lowes. It's OK, but it can give false readings on large panels (read that as multiple side-by-side panels) .

TonyL

Thank you both very much. I am not going to buy it. I very much appreciate and respect your feedback. Just saved me $25..I will go and buy more blanks that I don't need instead :)

jttheclockman

We had ones that were much more accurate and used those in computer rooms where shutting breakers off is a no-no. Those are a waste of money. The best way to mark a panel is to use the radio system where you plug a radio in an outlet and also using a two person system saves steps. :):):)

Top Bottom