Blank Sled (My Version)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

I started to make a blank cutting sled like the one I saw in another post here last year, well I decide to improve on it a little (well my version of improve)

I made the sled to have the sliding stop attached to the sled, I also added a lock screw and made the stop adjustable so I could make the blank's longer if I wanted to. (it can adjust from .032 longer to .312 longer then the tube)

I also wanted a different type of clamp so it was a little lower profile.

I also put a stop on the slot bar so the sled would stop and not cut too deep into the sled

See the pictures below for my version.

Comments and suggestions always welcome. :smile-big:

Thanks
Danny

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 510
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 452
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 323
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 328
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 334
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

Library Document

OK If I was to go ahead and make a library document for this is there a format, or template established, and whom do I submit it to?

I'll do my best I can do drawings and make a pdf no problem it will just be a matter of getting the time to do it, since nothing is glued together I can disassemble and take assembly pics also.

Just need to know the process for getting it in the library.

Thanks
Danny

randyrls

Danny; I like the spring loaded idea as it eliminates the need for a clamp. The threaded adjustment is a great idea too!

I would try to rotate the jig 90 degrees so the brass tube is visible from the top and front of the jig. This is just a sight or visual cue though.

Top Bottom