Another band saw sled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jolly Red

This is the sled I use to cross cut on my bandsaw. It is pretty typical, except it uses T-nuts through the base and a threaded knob to hold the length stop. I can set it to any length quickly, and use the studded knob to hold the stop. To cut a blank to fit a tube, I just set the stop so it is a little further than the length of the tube and start cutting.

I put another T-nut behind the fence to store the knob and stop when I am not using it.

Attachments

• 01 bandsaw sled.JPG
    01 bandsaw sled.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,074
  • 02 bandsaw sled.JPG
    02 bandsaw sled.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 03 bandsaw sled.JPG
    03 bandsaw sled.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 838
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marmotjr

Hmmm... I like that stop. My current sled is beat up pretty bad due to a drifting blade, so once i get that beast re-setup, I think it's time for a new band saw sled. Kudos.

tonylumps

I bought a 10' Wen about a year ago.I have a small table saw,Miter saw.But the Wen is my go too saw.It came with a stand.Like you I have limited space so everything is on wheels.The trick to good cuts on a Band saw is the right Blade for the job and keeping the guides aligned.This little Wen came with roller Guides.So they are pretty easy to set up.I do a lot of Scroll work I made a circle cutter for the saw and it does perfect circles.Again the right blade for the job is the trick.Band saws are more diverse than any other saw

Fish30114

I've got the Rikon baby bandsaw (10") and it is a great saw except for the 5/8" miter slot-this is a design the Rikon engineers were smoking crack the day they designed this--their optional miter gage is a POS but unless you make or have made a custom one to fit the 5/8" slot a POS is your available option. I actually still like the saw despite this retard feature.

jttheclockman

I've got the Rikon baby bandsaw (10") and it is a great saw except for the 5/8" miter slot-this is a design the Rikon engineers were smoking crack the day they designed this--their optional miter gage is a POS but unless you make or have made a custom one to fit the 5/8" slot a POS is your available option. I actually still like the saw despite this retard feature.

If you happen to know a machinist or know of a company in your area, have them machine it out for you. Would not be hard for them.

Top Bottom