Buffing wheels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nativewooder

:rolleyes: Suuuurrrre you can, but your wife might kill you shortly after she finds out about it!:biggrin:

Take a minute or two to call Beall @ 1 800 331 4718 to get real factual information. Can't imagine why anyone would need to "wash" a buffing wheel unless they tried to buff a wet surface?! Even then, a couple of sessions with a "rake" will clean up most buffs. But you really should call the gal at Beall unless you already live in the dog house.:beat-up:

Good Luck!:biggrin:

warthog

Good enough...I'll just do the best that I can with it. I aint going to wash it...I am already in the dog house on all the money I have spent so far in this new hobby.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Can a person put the three buffing wheels through the washing machine?
Hi Ken; I trust you're not considering putting the Beall wheels that you purchased from me through the washing machine. There would be no need to do that. They were gently loaded with the buffing compounds as required to allow them to buff efficiently!

If you would like to clean them somewhat, use an old hacksaw blade, teeth in towards the buffs of course, and spin the buffs at about 900 rpms or less against the blade. That's all the cleaning they will ever need.

Have mercy on them there wheels!:smile-big:

warthog

Cleaning buffing wheels

The reason I was wanting to wash the wheels was because I was running the buffer and while it was running it was rubbing acrfoss the piece that holds the tool rest and turned the first wheel red. The second reason was because I was buffing out a PR blank that had quite a bit of blue in it and turned that wheel blue. Just didn't want to take a chance and have it rub off onto something that I would want to keep.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The reason I was wanting to wash the wheels was because I was running the buffer and while it was running it was rubbing acrfoss the piece that holds the tool rest and turned the first wheel red. The second reason was because I was buffing out a PR blank that had quite a bit of blue in it and turned that wheel blue. Just didn't want to take a chance and have it rub off onto something that I would want to keep.
Hi again Ken; Clean them with the hacksaw blade or a wire brush, then take a piece of pine or the like 2 x 4 etc. and buff that. See if any of the colour is left on the pine piece!

Top Bottom