Buffing system?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've seen this discussion once before (when I was in the market for a buffing system). The general consensus was that the Beall was the better of the two. Several reasons, but among them was the Beall wheels were larger in diameter and the Beall wheel materials were "softer". I got the Beall system and am extremely happy with the results I get.

robertkulp

I have the two wheel BGBUFF for acrylic from PSI and Beall's three wheel system. Both work really well. I've used Beall's for wood and acrylic and it's great. I highly recommend it.

For both of them, be sure and "de-fuzz" the wheels before you use them, especially Beall's.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
is the PSI system ok, or do I need to get the bealls? Or is something else better?

I only want to have to buy it once ;-)
If you are really serious about buffing and have the propensity to make your own, do a search here; buffing kicked up a notch, a post by Texatdurango, 12-23-2009.

I have 2 self made buffing systems now; a 3 wheeler with Caswells cotton flannel buffs for CA buffing, and a 2 wheeler of 6" string buffs from Caswel again for acrylics.

Making them myself was no less expensive than purchasing the Beall, but a lot more fun. I used 3 buffs in each segment of my system at a cost of $5.00 ea. so 3 wheels for one and 2 string buffs made up the greatest expense $75.00.

Last edited:

lwalper

I considered the "make-it-yourself" option, but finally for the sake of simplicity settled on the Beale system. Works great. Wish I had a dedicated buffing station.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I considered the "make-it-yourself" option, but finally for the sake of simplicity settled on the Beale system. Works great.
Wish I had a dedicated buffing station.
Do you mean like this?:biggrin:
attachment.php

Attachments

• My dedicated buffer (small).jpg
    My dedicated buffer (small).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 432

PAbernathy

I was having a problem with very fine micro scratches in my acrylics no matter what I did. I would micro mesh up to 12,000 grit in slow stages and I could still see them. I got the BG Buffing System from PSI and....wham...the micro scratches were gone. So for me it was the easy answer to my grief.

its_virgil

The Barry gross buffing system is my go to buffer and I have several others including the Beall buff and the wheels and compounds from Caswell.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

TonyL

This is great! What I find interesting is that their blue rouge (assuming theirs is somewhat proprietary) claims no cutting action. I assume that means no scratch-removal qualities. However, many of us have experienced visible scratch removal or reduction using BG's system. From their PDF, it appears that their white rough is where the scratch removal starts.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Here's what I use

both on Acrylics and CA finishes! If you decide to purchase a bar of any of the compounds, do it with a friend. The bars come in a GIANT size that would last one person for an eternity. So split it with a friend!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 232
Top Bottom