Request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

George, I don't know what is better, your blanks or the stories. From time to time I go see something you post and think to myself well that is too many words for me to comprehend right now, so I move on. Other times somehow I catch one and I enjoy the story. I just read one about you finding wood at the place they cut firewood.

My request is or question is do you have a place where they are? IE blog or something like that? I am at work and kinda bored and would enjoy reading some of them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

th

Get back to work. Here comes the boss.

robutacion

George, I don't know what is better, your blanks or the stories. From time to time I go see something you post and think to myself well that is too many words for me to comprehend right now, so I move on. Other times somehow I catch one and I enjoy the story. I just read one about you finding wood at the place they cut firewood.

My request is or question is do you have a place where they are? IE blog or something like that? I am at work and kinda bored and would enjoy reading some of them.

Hi Ed,

Well, is good that you see value in the material I write, most appreciated...!

As for your request and if I understand it correctly, you would like to have some kind of web-link to the operation this guy runs but, he is an old timer and like to do things the old way, he doesn't own a computer, the wife may have one for work but not him, no Sir. This means that there is no web-link of that firewood processing plant and while I have shown many pics of the location and contents from the ground, I'm more than happy to show you its location from the air, there is via Goggle Earth.

That will also validate my story content, for those that may think I made it all up however, I do appreciate to be trusted...!:)

I don't seem to remember how to share a direct Placemarker/location from the Google Earth into this forum so, the best I can do is to save the image as a jpg and show it here, from there, you can see that the image is quite recent in fact, if I read the image date right, it was August last year and then coincides with the period I was getting the wood into my storage paddock, I started/found it in June 2016

You can also look at that location live if you have Google Earth...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• McLaren Vale Firewood processing plant.jpg
    McLaren Vale Firewood processing plant.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 218
  • McLaren Vale town proximity to the Firewood processing plant.jpg
    McLaren Vale town proximity to the Firewood processing plant.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

robutacion

Oh no I meant the stories. NOT DOUBTING VALIDITY of your adventures. LOL

You meant stories and I'm still uncertain what you really want, I apologise for that but, I am being honest.

The thought that you may want to see the place by air, looked OK to me but I wondered why..?

From this reply, you seem to be asking if I have more/other stories related to this firewood place and if that is the case, yes, there have been some threads where the subject was not that firewood place but what I got from there if you know what I mean.:biggrin:

I apologise for asking if you needed validation/confirmation of the story and the location where it happened, I though odd that you would need that, you know me long enough to know that, I don't make things up and that I'm always most truthful in what I share here on IAP and elswhere so, I may have gotten a little too "defensive" at that possibility, sorry...!:)

Cheers
George

edicehouse

George,
My job is one where you have to take a mental break and the best way is to read something on the computer. That way someone walks by they think you are working, and your adventures of Burl Hunting are a great way to get a mental escape.

robutacion

George,
My job is one where you have to take a mental break and the best way is to read something on the computer. That way someone walks by they think you are working, and your adventures of Burl Hunting are a great way to get a mental escape.

Hahahah, at least you are willing to man-up and admit doing what so many others do every day in their jobs but, would admit it:biggrin:

Well, one of the issues that you would be confronted with when looking for something interesting to read in those "mental breaks" and related to any of the material I write, including the burls hunts but not only is the fact that, you have already mentioned that some (well, vast majority) of my writings start with long written pages and not always the best bits are in the beginning, there are so many threads that, the more interesting stuff, including lots of pics are hidden in pages past the first one and therefore, you and other may have missed the opportunity to have spent some "quality" time or at least, entertained with my spelling mistakes, phrase construction some jokes and self-accent...!:biggrin:

Unfortunately for everyone, including myself, those woods/burls/treasures hunting stories will only be less and less as my old bones getting slower and joints seized up.:mad:

I will however, make sure that I will share as many more stories/events as they happen, my last one was the Firewood processing plant and I only hope that when the property/business is sold, that I will still be as welcome as I have been until now with the current owner.

My real tree/woods/burls stories started in 2004-5 and until the middle of 2009, all my work was done on the Aussie woodturners forum and them on the Turners Paradise the Canadian forum to which I went to from the Aussie one "hot boot". The Paradise forum done even worth and deleted every word and or pic I have ever posted on that forum, gone forever and while the Aussie one still has a few bits and pieces let running, most of it has also been removed/deleted, I'm not sure.

There were years of hard work and interesting events, I only wish I could have saved it all somewhere and be able to have a look anytime I fell like it but, that is just not possible, and it hurts me considerably but I learn to live with it.

Since on IAP, continuing my work and doing what I do, there has been some close calls, some funny times and everything in between but, and as I have said, my future "adventures" may not be as interesting and risky however, it will still be sufficient to take my life or hurt me pretty badly, if I'm not careful or my stars are shining on me the wrong way...!:eek::)

In resume, I'm pleased that you feel that my stories are a good mental escape for you, I'm sure it will be something you learn in the process and that gives the situation and extra bonus and that is pleasing to you and me and off-course, many other...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom