ebonite group buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

watch_art

There's some red/black cumberland ebonite rods for sale, but he only wants to do 10 rod MOQ and I can't swing that.

Anybody interested in a group buy?

I still have quite a lot of the red/black (Cumberland) in 20mm and 22mm. It's $38 and $42 respectively for 1/2 meter rods. I'd like to unload it in not less than 10 rod chunks. Are you still interested?
His shipping would be at actual cost to us - then we could each swing our own actual costs. I'm about to be off for the summer so I have some time to do this. We could get the requests together, money together after that, and then figure shipping individual orders out. I'm thinking cardboard tubes and bubble wrap to individuals once the main order is received.

Any interest?

5/26/12
It appears there is plenty of interest. I'm inserting the rules Shawn presented:

A - The item/s to be purchased,

Ebonite group buy.
red/black (Cumberland) in 20mm and 22mm. It's $38 and $42 respectively for 1/2 meter rods. MOQ is 10 rods.

B - The anticipated discount and how many items are needed to make this discount

No discount - it's just a good price but comes with an MOQ of 10 rods which I can't swing. $380 plus shipping is way over my head. This distributes the cost.

C - Spell out all costs associated with the buy such as shipping, insurance and PayPal fees

I just ordered some free triangle boxes. 38 3/16" x 6 9/16" x 5 9/16" x 5 5/16"Priority Mail tubes free from the Post Office delivered to your door. Check it out here.
I'll cut them down to size so things fit better w/o so much wiggle room.

For shipping, I'm going to ask a flat $15 for US orders, $30 for international, and then I'll refund whatever is left over.

Please add 3.3% for domestic and 4.3% for international (PP charges 1% more for cross boarder transactions).

He estimated $20 for a 20 rod package, so please add $1 for each rod you order to help cover shipping from him to me.

D - State what form of payment you will accept (Pay Pal only, checks, money orders)

I prefer paypal, but will take a check if you really need to pay that way.

E - Will you ship internationally?

I will ship internationally at actual cost. I ship pens world wide all the time and it's no big deal - but it will cost a load extra for rods.

F - When will the Buy be closed to orders.

7 days from the date of this post.

G - What will be done with any leftover funds?

Extra shipping fees will be refunded, but shouldn't be any leftover funds - but it can all go straight to IAP if there is any.

H - How will you handle back orders?

There is a limited quantity, so first come first served (some names are already down - your places will be saved). If he doesn't have enough for everybody, I'll supply as much as I can to everybody in the order the requests were made. He has 84 rods total as of tonight - he just counted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curly

Any chance of a picture or a link to see what a pen of it looks like?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

watch_art

Awesome - once we get requests for at least more than 10 rods total, I'll go ahead and start collecting on Saturday if that's okay with everybody.

Then once I have the rods in hand and packed up, I can start sending quotes for shipping to each individual.

Does that sound okay?

I'll be in for only 2 rods.

playing with the usps shipping calc
21 inch long x 4x4 inch box/tube package
1 pound - about $5-6
2 pounds - $7-8
3 pounds - $8-9
and so on it seems.

watch_art

Oh - sorry bout that.

I'll copy the text.
I have a load - that means lots - hundreds of rods of ebonite, black, red/black, and blue/black for sale. It's German stuff but not sure which German shop. PM if interested and we can go over details. It's all 22mm and bigger for making pen parts or pipe parts if you're in to that. I'm sure we can make a good deal.

Also here's a pic and his reply:

Here's a picture of the Cumberland stuff but I don't keep pictures of people's ebonite pens mostly because I don't make pens out of the it. You can inquire of "dougscott" and "fountainbel" who are members of FPN and who have bought ebonite from me and have made pens from it. It's high quality stuff originating in Germany and sold by Pipemaker's Emporium. It was a huge quantity buy about 3 years ago.

1_red_ebonite.jpg

Curly

Thanks for the picture.

Just want to check, but aren't group buys supposed to be moderator approved before they can proceed? I realize at this point this is just feeling around for interest.

Curly

If it is a go then I will bite on 4 rods of 20 mm. Providing you'll ship to us Canadians. ;)

wizard

Any chance of a picture or a link to see what a pen of it looks like?
Thanks.

Shawn, I would like to get 4 rods in the 20mm if possible. Thank you very much for doing this!!! Someone asked about a picture of pens made from Cumberland and so I've attached a few pics. Please limit comments about the pens..I don't want to divert this thread. It's a beautiful material. Doc:)

Attachments

• Cumberland Kitless Polished_1.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless Polished_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Cumberland Kitless Polished.jpg
    Cumberland Kitless Polished.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Red_Black Ebonite Fountain_2.jpg
    Red_Black Ebonite Fountain_2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 306
  • Red_Black Ebonite Fountain.jpg
    Red_Black Ebonite Fountain.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

watch_art

Okay - I've sent out about 10 pms with totals - to get started.

So far there's 37 20mm rods left from my count.

If you want on get on quick.

THanks!

Shawn

Jim Smith

I'd like two rods if it's not too late to join this group buy. Please PM me the total and I will pay via PayPal.

Jim Smith
Conyers, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom