2/14/13--Got a stumper for you! New Crossword

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have just uploaded a new puzzle, this time, another crossword. The word list for this one comes courtesy of PR_Princess and could be a real stumper! Then again, you guys are so smart, I bet someone will finish it within an hour or less!

By request, I have also added a link to a pdf file of the blank puzzle and clues so you can print it out and do it off the computer. You will still have to fill it in online in order to obtain the completion code. Look for the link directly above the puzzle name.

You will have until 9:25 PM EST on 2/15/13 (24 hours) to work on this puzzle. At that time, the puzzle will self destruct and vanish from the page! (a little programming trick I learned to make it un-publish at a set time!)

Let's see if the leaderboard changes after this one!

Speaking of which, I will post stats and the leaderboard to date in a few minutes, after I have a chance to wade through the data.

You can find the puzzle here as always: The Almost Daily Puzzler

SteveJ

Finally! Finished! Only took a couple of hours. TWICE I managed to close the window and had to start over. YUCK!

Once I figured out the common idea it was a lot easier. (Not to say it was actually easy, some of those clues were quite a stretch...)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, Dean!!!! So you wrote an algorithm to test every combination and it spewed forth all the answers----

most of us conquer the laws of infinity with wordpower, not mathpower!!!

WISE GUY!!!

alphageek

Former Moderator
OK, Dean!!!! So you wrote an algorithm to test every combination and it spewed forth all the answers----

most of us conquer the laws of infinity with wordpower, not mathpower!!!

WISE GUY!!!

There was no math involved. If the puzzle wasn't in FLASH, I might be tempted to code a cheat :)... But not with flash.

I would not want to be Dawn right now. I'm guessing her PM box is full of nasty grams :biggrin:

micharms

I'm thinking of rewording the clue that says "What I hope you will do with this puzzle." I think it is more what I'd like someone else to do with it. Of course being a polite Canadian I just mean solve the puzzle for me!

Michael

Last edited:

longbeard

Hey, be glad that you was 'nt all most done, had 7 left, and your laptop start doing stupid s#!t and decide to restart on its own! Now when i click on the Almost Daily Puzzler and it takes you the puzzle, I HAVE NO PUZZLE!!!! I have everything else on that page but no puzzle.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It is working correctly again. Not sure what happened but the javascript got corrupted when I was working on something else. Let me know if you have any more problems with it.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I quit...almost done and fatfingered and closed the puzzle....not enough time to redo. I guess the good Lord did not want me to finish and I'll just have to accept his will.

Top Bottom