What ya ma callit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

diamundgem

This is a new little pen I come up with today. It started out using a credit card pen and finished with a slim line top. I made the top the usual way then drilled a piece of Walnut 3/8" and put the slim line inside, then turned and cut grooves with a pen wizard. I used a piece of box elder for the tip. Maybe I should have uses Walnut!!! Anyway, I didn't like it. Guess I'll give it to an enemy

Attachments

• slimspecial.jpg
    slimspecial.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 316
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

I like the top. I don 't like the bottom. I think you could play around with the concept a little and come up with a nice pen. Keep working at it!!:bananen_smilies046:

THarvey

I like the thought behind it. Not thrilled with the bottom. Like the top.

I think the top would be really interesting if you had cut the flutes through to the maple.

Keep working on the design. You are not as far from a great looking pen as you think.

ldb2000

Jim , next time try thining the walnut down a bit and use the pen wizard to cut all the way through to the lighter colored wood . It would set up some nice contrast .

Scott

I think you could put legs on it and it would make a nice bug! I like some of the concepts you tried with this pen, but it really turned out kind of nasty! You could save it for the next Ugly Pen Contest, but there are some pretty UGLY PENS in that contest, so you might need to "enhance" this pen to make it a contender! Whatever you do, don't send it to me! (Oh, go ahead and send it to me if you have to, but don't expect me to hang it over the fireplace or anything!)

;-)

Scott.

GoodTurns

clubhouse leader for one of next year's birthday bash contests...could be entered in several categories, so I won't say which one :biggrin:. I do give you credit for trying out an idea and not just thinking about it!

Top Bottom