USPS Tracking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Got to love 'em........ Thank God we have them. :biggrin:

Package to be delivered in Minnesota. :tongue:
Left Colorado.....on the 8th
Arrived in Metro New York..... on the 11th
Leaving New York this afternoon.........

Anyone want to bet where it ends up next? :eek:

I am not worried.......tracking and insured. I just want the item in my hands. :clown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
That problem is not just a USPS problem. I had a package shipped to me from California a few years back that went from CA to Atlanta and than back to me just south of Houston.

Ambidex

I'm about to retire from USPS after 33 years. It is NOT the same place I started working for. While there are many reasons the job has gone so far downhill, the one true reason I'll stand by is upper management. They are clueless about the actual job and sit in their ivory towers and make inane changes to the business while staring at spreadsheets. I've seen some the most asinine ideas implemented at huge costs because it seems to make sense on paper. Instead of asking senior carriers that have been through the mill and listening to sound advice, they create changes JUST for the sake of changing, while apparently not understanding the cost and complete ineffectiveness of some of these changes. Don't get me wrong, changes for the better are more than welcome but as the old adage goes, why fix what aint broke? I'll miss the job and my 825 customers...I will not miss the lobotomized, castrated bosses we have inherited. Sorry for the rant:redface:

I don't know that they necessarily started the trend, but when FEDEX came into existence way back in the '70 with their idea to put a hub in the middle of the country and fly everything there, sort and then fly on to destination, they were told it would never work... EMORY soon followed suit as did UPS, Purolator, DHL and then the post office... now many of the cargo carriers use the same system... even the ocean carriers are using a simplified form of the hub system... if all goes according to plan, traffic moves along... a snag can tie up a shipment for weeks... We had a container inbound that went through a hub in Venezuela... the harbor had a problem and was closed for 10 weeks...

I've had FEDEX packages that I needed to send from my office to downtown Houston to a local bank for processing a $1 MIL letter of credit... we always used FEDEX because they were the most reliable of all the messenger services... the package would still fly to Memphis, then back to Houston for delivery next day.

As George said, sometimes managers think they have to make changes to show they're earning their big salaries, whether the change is good or bad. Never made sense to me to go into a new company and start changing things just because i was the new manager.

Last edited:

PTsideshow

I'm about to retire from USPS after 33 years. It is NOT the same place I started working for. While there are many reasons the job has gone so far downhill, the one true reason I'll stand by is upper management. They are clueless about the actual job and sit in their ivory towers and make inane changes to the business while staring at spreadsheets. I've seen some the most asinine ideas implemented at huge costs because it seems to make sense on paper. Instead of asking senior carriers that have been through the mill and listening to sound advice, they create changes JUST for the sake of changing, while apparently not understanding the cost and complete ineffectiveness of some of these changes. Don't get me wrong, changes for the better are more than welcome but as the old adage goes, why fix what aint broke? I'll miss the job and my 825 customers...I will not miss the lobotomized, castrated bosses we have inherited. Sorry for the rant:redface:

Have to agree with you on the part about upper management. Our local Post masters of disaster, for the 40 years I have lived here are always more interested in remolding the post office building, than service. I didn't work for the PO. But have always been friendly terms with the carrier due to the amount of stuff a home biz generates over the years.

Last 5 years the people they are hiring are getting to the point that it is a very sorry state of a work force. can't read, don't care spend more time talking on the hands free phone than paying attention to where they are on the route. The route we are on was the route the put out last after the last long term carrier was pulled off.

The on sub pretended he couldn't speak English. when I asked him where the package was that the my usps app said was delivered. "He did the no speaky engish routine." It was 2 blocks up the road on another street, glad they have a good GPS system with the tracking.

In the last six months I have had a package stuck in the Allen park triangle for three weeks going in a circle from one hub to another local hub. Another started in Conn and travel down the east coast to Fla then back up to the mid west before heading to Mich. Another spent a week traveling around Mi before hitting my porch. When we had some temp carriers, I had a package on the truck for a couple of days because the women carrier thought it was to heavy. Under 30 pounds, Could see that it was some place at the local PO.I can't tell you the number of times I have called and emailed the Local back end supervisors looking for a package.
She has always been helpful, and said that we are going to have to stop meeting like this!:biggrin:
I drive 12 miles to another PO if I have counter dealings. The one lady on the counter is nasty of disposition, and very unpleasant to deal with. She always seems to be only one working when I would go in. And they are very slow even when there is only two people in line.

The worst thing with this PO is I handed her a first class envelope to mail along with a package and they lost the envelope.

The tracking app works most of the time, and watching where it is traveling can be entertaining:wink:

dogcatcher

The USPS handles more volume than FedEx, UPS and DHL and the other carriers combined. We remember the screw ups, but on the same day millions of pieces of mail and packages were delivered on time. It costs me less money to use the USPS, so I will accept the few bumps in the road of their system.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I find a big difference from when my regular carrier is delivering and when she is on her day off and a substitute is delivering. The regular carrier is wonderful, we love and appreciate her and hope she stays on our route forever. She smokes, and she has her afternoon cigarette at my house so she and I talk for a short time almost every day. We try to show our appreciation all the time with small gifts that let her know we're thinking about her, cards for special occasions and holidays and so on. The substitutes are a different story - they just don't care if they get things right or not.

nativewooder

The main problem we have with the USPS in this part of Florida is all the postal persons who can't read English. Far too many substitutes who paid someone else to take their tests. They can't read or write any English! When all the double-dippers and triple-dippers finally retire, what will we be left with? I won't even hazard a guess!!!:eek:

Herb G

True story: I took the civil service exam for the PO 35 years ago. I scored 96 out of 100. They hired people who scored in the 40's over me.
Why?
Affirmative action is why.

stonepecker

The package arrived today. The pen was in perfect condition.
I am happy to add it to my collection.

I heaqrd the stories. I understand the problems. Some problems are just so stupid that you do wonder how some people are still employed by the USPS. On the whole I am happy with the service we recieve. However, they screw up big time on certain things.
Guess we need to take the good with the bad.

Top Bottom