Which tone of red is "cupla red"?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

I got a request for this color and for the life of me I can't find the answer, I did google, bing and several others and no luck. Anybody know

Eugene.

ElMostro

If that is the case I feel pretty dumb now...

This morning I received a one line e-mail asking if I could make a coupla red blank. I replied back saying I did not have that tone of red in stock but was willing to try it if he/she directed me to a pic with that color.

Next e-mail I get is "your rudeness just cost you a paying customer".

I went back and read my e-mail to make sure I had not written something rude and it was a normal e-mail...but now I see...am I getting old?

Ed McDonnell

Don't feel too bad. With all the "creative" color names out there, I would have thought the same thing. It never would have dawned on me that cupla meant "couple of" when preceeding "red blank" in a sentence.

Maybe it's all for the best....

Ed

LagniappeRob

I suspect you're better off this way. Usually when something starts off with poor communication it doesn't get better. The headache usually isn't worth it.

Reminds me of a scene from my favorite movie: Snatch:

Bullet Tooth Tony: A bookie's got blagged last night.
Avi: Blagged? Speak English to me, Tony. I thought this country spawned the f(reak)ing language, and so far nobody seems to speak

brownsfn2

I don't mean to be insulting Eugene but your story made me laugh. It is really funny when you think about it.

Honestly there are so many different words for color you could have easily mistaken it.

I personally believe that this world of Instant Message and texting has caused us to be lazy typists. :) OMG. LOL.

I don't think you are too old. You just want to understand what people need. The sender of the email was just too sensitive.

TTYL

MarkD

You could email them back and offer them a coupla free blanks for the mistake :biggrin:

ElMostro

Of course you could send her an email explaining you misread her email and you were not trying to be rude.

Well, I kind of did that. When I got the e-mail calling me rude I replied saying that I was not trying to be rude but that I honestly did not know what that color was...so I guess now he/she thinks I am just stupid. I feel like Forest Gump.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
If the person was buying a pen blank then you can assume he is a pen turner. If he is a pen turner he may be on this site as either a member or lurker. Maybe he'll see this and realize that the mistake was his, not yours.

ElMostro

Well, I think I solved this mystery. Was the person from Pennsylvania?

I was relaying this thread to my wife (born and raised in Western Pennsylvania)and she understood it completely. Dan understood it right away, too.

I don't know if it is a he, a she or where he/she is from. I do know it would have been a new customer bec the e-mail address was new to me. The e-mail had no name, there was no sig line or any data that would give a hint. So I guess I'll wait a "coupla" (did I use it correctly?) days and see. ;)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This morning I received a one line e-mail asking if I could make a coupla red blank. I replied back saying I did not have that tone of red in stock but was willing to try it if he/she directed me to a pic with that color.

To me, Eugene, the "blank" being singular as opposed to "blanks", I would have read it as someone else has suggested, "cupola red" blank.

If they wanted more than one color, it would be more than one blank.

Unfortunately, no matter how you reply, you can get in trouble---ain't it fun getting a whole raft of emails and having one person "pick apart" your attempt to answer???

Ed

Dan Masshardt

Well, I think I solved this mystery. Was the person from Pennsylvania? I was relaying this thread to my wife (born and raised in Western Pennsylvania)and she understood it completely. Dan understood it right away, too.

Just to be clear, I've never seen coupla in print before today but I have heard it spoken!

thewishman

Of course you could send her an email explaining you misread her email and you were not trying to be rude.

Well, I kind of did that. When I got the e-mail calling me rude I replied saying that I was not trying to be rude but that I honestly did not know what that color was...so I guess now he/she thinks I am just stupid. I feel like Forest Gump.

If I remember the movie, Forrest ended up doing pretty well...

OOPS

Now the people at Google are in a panic. "Hey, boss, we need to find some information about cupla red. I don't know what it is, but people have been searching for it all day long!"

Actually is cupla red very close to holatta red? Hmmm.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Now the people at Google are in a panic. "Hey, boss, we need to find some information about cupla red. I don't know what it is, but people have been searching for it all day long!"

Actually is cupla red very close to holatta red? Hmmm.

They will be in the new PSI catalog next month.

Eugene.. if it cost you a sale to find out that a potential customer was
going to be spiteful and unreasonable, I'd say it was worth it.

PWL

If there had been an s on blank I would have recognized it. Oh, by the way,I'm originally from western Pa. Greene Co.

Paul

ElMostro

So last night before I went to bed I sent the individual an e-mail referring them to this IAP post in hopes that he/she could see that my initial reply to the request for the "coupla red" blank was made out of my ignorance of the term "coupla" and not bec I was trying to be a smart a_ _. This morning I check my e-mail and there is a one line reply and I quote "any further e-mails from your company will be considered harassment"

Hmm, I guess I lost that customer...

Dan Masshardt

So last night before I went to bed I sent the individual an e-mail referring them to this IAP post in hopes that he/she could see that my initial reply to the request for the "coupla red" blank was made out of my ignorance of the term "coupla" and not bec I was trying to be a smart a_ _. This morning I check my e-mail and there is a one line reply and I quote "any further e-mails from your company will be considered harassment" Hmm, I guess I lost that customer...

Don't worry - we're talking about a cupla blanks here not a cupla hundred.

Chasper

I happen to have a coupla story. I went into a new Chinese restaurant, placed my order and asked for a coupla egg rolls.

The lady who wrote down my order said, "When you ask for coupla, does that mean two?"
"Yes, two," I replied.
"When man ask for cup-a coffee I take him two cups but he only want one."

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
So now we wait and see which blank caster or vendor will add "cupla red" blanks to their line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Brooks803

So now we wait and see which blank caster or vendor will add "cupla red" blanks to their line up.

SOOOO Tempting :tongue::biggrin:

Eugene, I wouldn't sweat it to much. I've had similar experiences where neither me or the customer knew exactly what color they wanted. I always ask for a reference link/pic if it's something I can't quickly search for. You're probably better off losing this one. If they want to play the harassment card bc you tried to explain yourself they're definitely not worth the trouble.

Sit back relax and have a coppola glasses of this RED wine http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1z4nrNHIoqE/UGElbzfOx1I/AAAAAAAAFFQ/5Xgo90l9rnU/s1600/CoppolaRedBlend.jpg :tongue:

ElMostro

Funny you say that cause this morning after I read the reply to my final e-mail I went into the lab and took a coupla reds and mixed a batch. There will be more than a coupla blanks in the batch but since I only used a coupla red tones I guess it qualifies. So, stay tuned for the new "Coupla Red" blanks...

Top Bottom