For those with a good memory. (pic heavy)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UKpenmaker

Some of you may remember me!! I have still been keeping an eye on you all and watching all the advances in the pen turning world. There is some very nice work out there.

Well I have finally got a shop back, it has been around 10 years :eek: since my last real shop.

It is a 3m x 5m garage attached to the house, took quite a bit of work but got there in the end.

First had to renew the old fibre-glass roof and decided to make come new doors to replace the old broken metal up and over style.

DPP_0004.jpg

Made a separate small clean room in one corner where i can do my assembly and photographing. Just enough room for a seat.

DPP_0003.jpg

Just been spending time trying to sort out where is the best place for all my stuff.

DPP_0006.jpg

Just a few of my pen blanks :rolleyes:

DPP_0005.jpg

And of course you have to get something new to put in your new shop, so here is what i got.

DPP_0001.jpg
Boy is this beast so smooth and quiet, with the wood that is on the shelf i reckon it is touching nearly 1/2 ton in weight.

And here are the first 3 things to come of it. No pens yet still sorting all my kits out, but soon!! :biggrin:

DPP_0008.jpg
DPP_0009.jpg
DPP_0010.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Andy, welcome back from San Antonio Texas.
Very clean and efficient looking shop. Looks like you might need extra storage for all those pen blanks!
Great looking bowls. Hope to see your pens soon.
Have fun!!
Gordon

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome back, Andy.
Nice job of organizing the shop & congrats on that new lathe!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome from Ohio; I Love it when members that were active, and life "distracted" them, then return to pick up where they left off.

Nice cozy shop! I see some very nice things... The lathe... the amazing stash of blanks... But I REALLY want that IAP Smock/Shirt!!! :devil:

Have FUN!

PS - Your turnings are beautiful!

Last edited:

Fay Prozora

I'd have to say that is more than a few pen blanks.. That is a motherload of them and I bet no two alike. I wouldn't mind having a shop like that one as you've got some natural light coming in. Mine doesn't have that and it gets pretty dark in there. I'd have to open the garage door or the front door to get some natural light in. In the Winter I don't do that but the Summer time is fine for letting the doors open. It can get hot in the Summer. Have fun in your shop... Fay Oh , welcome back..

BJohn

Well Andy we have never met, but welcome back.

Really like the bowl & platter work. Especially the first one.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Welcome back Andy. Was recently looking at the pen I received in a swap several years ago. Nice addition to the shop. If I only had room...

UKpenmaker

Many thanks for the welcome back messages.:)

Hello and welcome back. Very nice work. Can you tell us more about the 3rd piece (the platter)?

HI Cody, this is just done with a patterned metal leaf, never done any before, but have seen it various magazines and thought i would give it a go.

Just finish your bowl in your normal way. Paint on the size (glue) leave a few minutes and then apply the leaf.
It is a little bit fiddly, but that may have just been me not used to doing it. Then apply another top coat of finish, i used an acrylic lacquer.

Top Bottom