Sorbey Wood Turning Tools 20% off at Rockler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I hope I am posting this in the right spot. If not, please move or advise. Thank you.

Robert Sorby Turning Tools and Accessories Sale | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

FWIW, I own several Sorbey tools, and like them, but I cannot tell the difference between them and the Benjamin's best (beyond the price AND I AM NOT KNOCKING SORBEY). I am sure their are differences; I just do not know how to discern them.

I now use D-Way and Thompsons skews/tools and I can definitely tell the difference. Anyway, enjoy the sale and the rest of the weekend.

I hope I am posting this in the right spot. If not, please move or advise. Thank you.

Robert Sorby Turning Tools and Accessories Sale | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

FWIW, I own several Sorbey tools, and like them, but I cannot tell the difference between them and the Benjamin's best (beyond the price AND I AM NOT KNOCKING SORBEY). I am sure their are differences; I just do not know how to discern them.

I now use D-Way and Thompsons skews/tools and I can definitely tell the difference. Anyway, enjoy the sale and the rest of the weekend.

I also have a couple of the Sorby tools, the thread chaser set, a thin parting tool an maybe one or two other... I like my Benjamin's best and recently I got a few of the Hurricane turning tools that are okay.. I think the BB's hold an edge as well or maybe a little better than the Hurricane's ... my friend has a good selection of the Sorby's and uses them almost exclusively... they do hold an edge and he has them sharp enough to shave with, though I don't understand why anyone would want to shave with a bowl gouge or a skew... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom