Prayers requested

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
My wife, Jan, has suffered with back problems for over20 years. The past few injections and blocks have not lasted very long. She has now opted for back surgery.
She will under go the operation this Thursday morning.
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Brooks803

I certainly will Monty! I dealt with my own back issues for a few years before finally opting for surgery. My injections never worked. Had surgery last Sept. and couldn't be happier! Best advice I can give for afterwards is LISTEN to the doctor with lifting limits! It's so hard to keep it in mind when you feel so much better, but the last thing you want is another injury. Especially during recovery!

oldsmokey

Monty, you and your wife will be in our prayers.
To highlight what Brooks803 said, my wife had three back surgeries in the last four years. One on the lower back, and two on the neck. The lower back was fine, she listened to the doctor. The next one, she didn't listen to the doctor and did to much. She got to do the neck surgery again.
You have to help her and be sure she follows the doctors instructions.
Ellis

jttheclockman

You better get your rest now. You are not going to be able to keep up with her after the new back:) You have been warned.

Good luck to her and prayers for a speedy recovery.

lyonsacc

Will pray for her. I had back surgery 5 or 6 years ago, it worked out well. Like the others have said - follow the restrictions the doc gives her.

longbeard

We will be praying. I too have had lower (L5) back pain. Had steriod shots 2 weeks ago, going today for a follow up appt. Still hurts today. I hope all goes well for her. Back pain runs your day to day life and its not fun, cant even sneeze with-out it hurting.

Last edited:

DaveT

Monty,

I do not post often, but I just had to after reading about your wife.

My prayers are with you.

My Dad has had 7 back surgeries over the last 30 years. He is now 75 years old and does not want any more back surgery.

Last December his pain got to the point where he could not even sit for more than a few minutes and he was just trying to cope with the pain. We had to find an alternative to all the pain pills he was taking that were also becomming ineffective.

We got a recommendation to see a pain doctor. The shots did not work for him, and after a few months of working with the Dr. he had a device implanted into his back to control the pain electronically. He went from an 8 or 9 on pain scale to a 0 or 1. It has been incredible change for him.

The company that makes the device is Boston Scientific . I googled it and found http://hcp.controlyourpain.com/ . I think this is what they implanted. I do not know what the internal device looks like, but the externals pictured match what he is using.

Just wanted to let you know that there are ways to help with pain other than medication or surgery. Might be worth checking into if she is not wanting to go through another surgery.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very best wishes to you and Jan, though I'm sure she will be fine.
Just take care of her during her recovery and don't make her work more than 10 hours in the yard without a break.....unless it's to make you're dinner:biggrin:

(Just kidding of course!!!!)

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Very best wishes to you and Jan, though I'm sure she will be fine.
Just take care of her during her recovery and don't make her work more than 10 hours in the yard without a break.....unless it's to make you're dinner:biggrin:

(Just kidding of course!!!!)

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers...You know, Mannie is remodeling my kitchen for me, but I never said I wanted to USE it......:wink:

Mannie's wife.

carpblaster

Best of luck,they waited too long for mine and had to go thru my stomach to get to my back,l4-l5.did not work, had c7 out last year, do what the doc says, if you think your feeling like doing something do not do it, wait wait,is the best answer after surgery,best of luck and your in our prayers

PenPal

Mannie and Jan,

I know about back pain. As a member of the forum for some years it has been my pleasure to always look forward to your contributions, kind words, thoughtful disposition. For you to look for support when normally its coming from you tells me you are really concerned for Jan, luckily
Skippy broke us up and with Jans response I trust the good hands to back you up, with the help of our maker and our prayers please feel supported and comforted.

Kind regards Mannie and Jan.

Peter and Wilma.

BSea

You and your wife will be in my prayers. And I can certainly feel her pain. I had mine done twice. I'm almost like new now, but it took nearly 2 years from my 2nd surgery to feel normal. But the back/leg/nerve pain is gone the moment she wakes up. That in itself will be a blessing.

Good luck!!

Top Bottom