Pistol-Packin' Grandma

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

I couldn't resist sending this one along..............in Texas, this isn't all that uncommon.

Attachments

• 301087_2307214193149_1033120262_2630913_79520313_n.jpg
    301087_2307214193149_1033120262_2630913_79520313_n.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 383
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

When I was in college I could not afford a parking lot near campus so it was a hike to my truck. One hot Tucson day I hiked to the spot I parked my truck (1980 Toyota) unlocked the door, started it up and pulled out. Then I noticed the radio station was not what I listened to. Noticed women's clothing and make up in a bag on the floor. It was NOT my truck. I drove back to the lot. Put the truck back in the spot and went looking for my truck. I found it several rows back. Someone had apparently done the same thing i did because there was lipstick on the floor. I don't wear any. I drove to the front of the lot and there was a woman getting into the same year, make, model and color of my truck. Boy, did we have a good laugh over it because we both copped to driving away in the other person's truck. Then she decided to switch parking places because of the shade I had parked in. I probably would have done the same. She was hot too, but married. Oh well Fate laughing at me.

So the old lady's story is not all that implausible.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

Rented a car in Fullerton CA one time from #1. Keys said it was a Ford, contract said it was a Ford - it was parked in their lot where it was supposed to be so I just got in and drove off. Next day I drove it to the company parking lot where I was visiting and went in. Spent most of the day there and when I came out I couldn't remember exactly where I'd parked and I went looking for a Maroon Ford. Walked up and down the rows of parked cars and didn't find it. Finally I went to a maroon car I'd passed a couple of times and the key worked - looked in the glove box and there was my contract. The only problem was the car was a Mercury.

xxShadowxx

i already gave up on the human race, need ww3 to start, some genetic cleansing, hit the restart button

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Might have been

Might have been true ---- or almost true ---- the first time it appeared. Some of those things were developed from true happenings and got mythologized over time. You would not have wanted to "mess" with my grandmother on my father's side - she smoked a clay pipe and could shoot the hairs off a gnat's back side at 40 paces. (Of course she died in 1934 three years before I was born so I'm taking my dad's word for that.

Haynie

Haynie interesting story. I am suprised your key started her truck up and vice versa..

A couple years later my truck was stollen. It turned up almost 6 months later abandoned in an apartment complex in way South Tucson. The ignition was pretty torn up. When I got it replaced I asked the mechanic about the incident and he said at that time Toyota did not have a large variation in keys and what happened, was not that far fetched. The ignitions were directly keyed to the door lock. I had to get the door locks matched to the ignition.

As a side note the cops were waiting for me when I got to the tow yard, with drug dogs. The dogs sniffed my jeep up one side and down the other. Apparently the truck was used to haul copious amounts of pot.

Padre

My son's old blazer was stolen (well, mine since it was in my name). When they recovered it there was a complete Jeep Wrangler in the back of it all cut up. They were using the blazer to transport chopped cars. They totaled the blazer and I couldn't keep the Jeep either.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not many keys

In 1961 I bought a 1957 Chevy and I locked the keys in it once - I was close to the police station and went there to get it opened - they had a set of locksmith keys and it seems to me there were only about 50 or so keys that covered all the cars of every American Make and Model Car from the 1930's to the current time (then 1962). It was illegal (in NY State to possess them (they were considered burgler tools or something) unless you were a licensed locksmith but a set of those keys could be purchased for not very much money. I believe (but my memory might be wrong on this) he told me that GM was only using 7 keys across there whole line up. If I recall correctly it was in about 1963/64 that the companies began to increase the number of different keys they used.

Top Bottom