Lee Valley is ahead of the rest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Lee Valley also has some of the most expensive tools on the market. To pay for a custom lathe would require some deep pockets. Not sure what needs to be customized on a lathe though either. There is a lathe out there that can do just about anything you want it to. Maybe not always in the brand name you want but they are there. Any and all attachments can be adapted. I think if you want customization it would be in the tools used on a lathe and there are certainly plenty of people doing this. Take a skew, how many different angles of the sweet spot, how many shapes of the cutting edge, how many different lengths of handles, how many different shapes or sizes of the shaft, and so forth. Just my opinion.:)

Just read it was an April fool's joke of some sort.:):biggrin::):biggrin::):biggrin::tongue::):biggrin::tongue::):biggrin::tongue::biggrin::tongue:

Should we add this on the list of things we should not do on the site too or will this insult someone????:biggrin:

Last edited:

Curly

Oh John, John, John, what are we to do with you? :roll eyes: :) LV have been playing an April Fools joke for a dozen years and they have been very creative all those years. If you go to their site and in the search box type in April Fools, a list of past ones pops up. Click on each one and you will see what I mean. This years video even had one of the past ones in it. :wink:

jttheclockman

Oh John, John, John, what are we to do with you? :roll eyes: :) LV have been playing an April Fools joke for a dozen years and they have been very creative all those years. If you go to their site and in the search box type in April Fools, a list of past ones pops up. Click on each one and you will see what I mean. This years video even had one of the past ones in it. :wink:

I know Pete I am beyond help. I never knew they were into this stuff. They seem to be this straight laced type company. I have dealt with them before from woodworking shows. If it weren't for Bob's post I would have overlooked it. I went back to look at the entire tape and the link below it and realized. I guess I better keep my head up in case some other April Fool joke pops up and makes me look like a bigger fool than I am. heck I don't need a date on a calendar to do that. That happens everyday.:)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
A belated Birthday wish from me too Lin. Sorry I missed it yesterday. Hope you had a really great day. :biggrin:

Top Bottom