Got Some New Wheels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

After a ton of research my wife and I went car shopping yesterday and this 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek followed us home. Drives like a keeper.

XV.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Looks pretty sweet. I'm amazed at that color. There are about 5 of those around me, and 4 are that color. I thought I was just seeing the same car all the time, until I ran into it at impossible intervals, several times in the same trip

I like your new wheels, not so sure about the color, but that's just me.. it's a good looking vehicle.

I notice that car manufacturers are touting gas mileage in your range... I find it amusing there when I'm sure they could do better... I'm driving a 1996 Toyota Avalon with over 285,000 miles... since I bought the car in 2000, I've gotten between 28 city and 32 highway miles to the gallon... I still get close to that even at it's age.

Not putting your wheels down in any way... matter of fact, if I have to replace the Toyota, I'm leaning towards the Suburu line.

lwalper

I like your new wheels, not so sure about the color, but that's just me.. it's a good looking vehicle.

I notice that car manufacturers are touting gas mileage in your range... I find it amusing there when I'm sure they could do better... I'm driving a 1996 Toyota Avalon with over 285,000 miles... since I bought the car in 2000, I've gotten between 28 city and 32 highway miles to the gallon... I still get close to that even at it's age.

Not putting your wheels down in any way... matter of fact, if I have to replace the Toyota, I'm leaning towards the Suburu line.

Ditto that. Like your new ride. My '05 Avalon with 110k miles gets similar mileage. I know they could do better.

Does that one have all wheel drive? Some Sub's do don't they?

Last edited:

LeeR

Hmmm, maybe we should start a separate Avalong thread ... :)

My daughter had a 2006 Avalon, and started driving her fiance's SUV when he bought a new car. My wife was ready for a "newer" car than her 99 Caravan, so we bought it. One of the nicest road cars we've driven. Took a road trip last summer to California and averaged 30 mpg for the trip. We get similar mileage to you other Avaloners (?) on average usage -- city and some highway.

Never pictured us driving a grandparent's car, but we are grandparents, so I guess it fits now! I also have a Honda Pilot, which is another great vehicle, especially now with all the snow we are getting.

But to the OP, our first AWD was a Subaru, and we loved it. I wish they would build a large SUV, although it looks like one of their models (Forester?) is pretty big.

Top Bottom