Best of IAP Contest - Winners Announced!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Congrats Everyone! and thanks Jeff, Scott and WTD for allowing this to happen. There were many beautiful works of art submitted and Im sure it wasnt an easy thing to judge.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Thanks Kurt, for sharing your great pictures of these pens!

We are already talking about next year, and we will be tweaking this to make it better. Yes, there will be more advance notice and a longer entry period. With so many entries, the Casting category will likely be around again, as will the Open Class. But we may come up with new categories for the other two. We'll open a discussion on this later.

I have truly enjoyed running this contest! There were some amazing pens! I appreciate each of you taking the time to present your best work.

Scott.

hewunch

Everyone did great and everyone is to be commended. With that said.

With so many entries, the Casting category will likely be around again, as will the Open Class. But we may come up with new categories for the other two. We'll open a discussion on this later.

Scott.

Not saying the other classes don't take time, I know they do, but segmenting can take a ton of time. The only reason I didnt enter, was time. I say keep the categories as they are and increase the time and reassess the following year. That is my $.02

Lenny

Kurt or Scott, when will this issue of Woodturning Design Magazine be on the newstands?

That will be an issue I don't want to miss!
That's one way we can all say "Thank You" to them for sponsoring the contest!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will probably buy a copy:rolleyes:

I should be able to post my photos shortly. I need to hold off a small while but will post them as soon as I can. Thanks for your understanding. Congratulation to all the entrantants both those that won and those that won by entering. Justin triple congrats to your achievements.

Buzzzz4

This has been a blast. Thank you, Scott, judges and WDM for making this opportunity possbile. It would be fantastic to see all the pens entered. From what I have seen this was a difficult judging task. Way to go for all who entered!

khertzog

WTD Publication

Kurt or Scott, when will this issue of Woodturning Design Magazine be on the newstands?

That will be an issue I don't want to miss!
That's one way we can all say "Thank You" to them for sponsoring the contest!

My next deadline is mid November for WTD#37 - June 2012. The contest will be featured in my The Journey from Penturning to Penmaking column in that issue. Can't quote the newstand date but it is earlier than the cover date. Regardless, that is the plan.

Best,
Kurt

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I really like the idea of Autographed copies!! We will explore that with the proceeds going back to IAP!!!

Thanks Bruce!!!!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be contacting the winners over this weekend to arrange prize payouts.

Thanks to all for a great contest.

Now, everyone get busy on your ideas for next year. If we double the number of entries, we'll double the prizes!

Scott

Thanks Jeff! These are the cash prizes being paid out, $100 for each first place, $50 for each second place, and $25 for each third and fourth place.

Also, each first place winner is to receive a one-year subscription to Woodturning Design magazine.

Then for the overall winner, he will get an article about his pen in Woodturning Design magazine, plus one additional prize I haven't mentioned until now! A special personalized Woodchuck Unitool donated by our own Ken Ferrell (bitshird)! Thank you Ken!

Congratulations to all who entered this contest, and to those who won. You are all winners in my book!

And please keep in mind that the Birthday Bash is right around the corner. Get ready to have some fun and enter some fabulous contests!

Scott.

philipff

Congrats to all winners!

Bruce Robbins came to our Richmond penturns club meeting last Thursday and brought his winners for us to see. Amazing! And, he showed how his kitless wonders of art are made. More Amazing! It is just difficult to believe how his talents and artistic flair show up on pens until you actually get to see and handle them - - a Joy. Philip

CGW-WoodWorks

I cant wait to see the winning entries. Congrats to the winners and thanks to promoters for making this contest happen. I hope this is an annual thing!

-CGW

scotian12

Congratulation to all the winners and participants. I would particularly like to see a picture of David Millers 4th place in the casting category. How would I locate it? Thanks Darrell Eisner

David M

Darrell , I will try to get some pictures . Have a show this week end , try to do it sunday . Did not take any to post befor it was sent out , but its back now.
David

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Casting Category winners look good on the front page :biggrin:

Congrats again to JohnU, Buzzzz4, Crickett, and Mudpuppie.

Nice work all!

Top Bottom