A First Segmenting Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rblakemore

OK, a little scared of really intense segmenting. My wife and I have attempted to turn Kallenshan blanks with rare success. But, here is a two piece segmenting pen. It is a PSI Tycoon (Jr Gent II??) with green and gold swirls (my complements to Eugene Soto who custom made the blanks).

C&C for a first segment?!!

Attachments

• 9T4A7367_compressed.jpg
    9T4A7367_compressed.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 370
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Looks like you're off to a great start.

Once you tackle straight joints, move on to some angle cuts and spend some time learning how to glue/clamp joints on an angle. After that, the sky is the limit :)

plano_harry

Ronald, the pen looks fine, good color combo.

Looks like your turning skills are good. Trying to figure out why you are having trouble turning lasered blanks. If they are glued up properly, they should turn easily if you are not too aggressive. If you are having trouble post something in "penturning" and maybe you can get the answer to help you with those blanks and angled segmenting.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice simple, clean and well balanced segmenting. :good::good:
Most often, getting the combination of colours and balance across the pen, of a simple segmentation and selecting the appropriate kit, is far more impressive than any complex segmentation. Well done!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Excellent pen... The colors are very complimentary. Bet it looks awesome in person... I'll PM my address :tongue:

Top Bottom