Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than five lathes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

I have a Jet 14 x 40 and what you could call a full size. I also have a bigger machine that I've used as a lathe although it's not a lathe.

PenWorks

Ask me this in about another week....by then, I will have recieved my Nova DVR, to go with my Jet mini & the Legacy 200 and I have narrowed my decission on which metal lathe I'm getting [:p]

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Ask me this in about another week....by then, I will have recieved my Nova DVR, to go with my Jet mini & the Legacy 200 and I have narrowed my decission on which metal lathe I'm getting [:p]

Which is ti, huh, huh, huh[:D] I just recently sold my metal lathe to a cue maker. I haven't used it much (too small, it was a 10x24) and he has wanted it for months, so...

bobaltig

I have a Jet mini on which I do most of my penturning these days. It's not the VS model, but that hasn't been a big issue for me. I also have a Turncrafter Pro which I use primarily for putting on finishes. I like both of them and will press the Turncrafter into turning service also if needed.

bob

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by Penmonky
<br />how many working lathes do you have in your shop?

dubdrvrkev

I am still with the Jet mini, but stay tuned.
BTW Anthony, I expect a full review of the DVR since that is one of the lathes I am shopping.

mick

I've got three, My Shopsmith is my biggie, then a Jet Mini which is my primary lathe and then a Jet Pen Lathe which isn't much but I take it to shows where it's allowed and turn pens during the shows. It really generates a lot of interest!

Rudy Vey

A Oneway 1224, a Mercury, a Delta Midi (which is for sale btw) and a small Metal lathe from Harbor Freight. Sold my Nova and bought the Oneway - the way to go when it comes to wood lathes.

wayneis

Rudy what are you asking for it? Is it VS?

Wayne

Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />A Oneway 1224, a Mercury, a Delta Midi (which is for sale btw) and a small Metal lathe from Harbor Freight. Sold my Nova and bought the Oneway - the way to go when it comes to wood lathes.

alamocdc

So far, just a 15" Craftsman, but I really want a Nova, Oneway or Powermatic. [:D] Just can't make up my mind. I'd also like to get a Jet Midi VS, I think. That will probably come first so I can keep turning pens and keep a bowl chuck mounted to my big lathe so I can work while I'm waiting on finishes, etc. [;)] Now all I have to do is convince SWCTM. [:0]

mstansell

Started with a small Delta, Bought a Carbatec then went all out and got a Oneway 2436[:D], Obtained a Jet Mini[:)], Then had to sell the Oneway[V][:(][V] when we moved. Just have the Carbatec and Jet but have just located a used Oneway 2436[}:)][}:)], heck it may be the one I sold, who knows.
Mark

woodbutcher

I started w/ a Delta Midi and then a 3520A followed by a carbe tec. I use all 3 in my woodturning shop. Each has it's own personality and specific purpose. Thereis no such thing as the perfect lathe for all occasions and purposes. I am currently considering an ornamental lathe. And so it goes,
Jim[:p]

jcarrell

i have 3 jet mini's, 2 regular and 1 VS, a jet 1236, and a functioning 1880's made barnes velocipede wood lathe :)

since i host the bubbasville penturners in my shop a few times a month, i wanted a few lathes for folks to turn on...

i now prefer the jet VS due to the fact i've adopted the ca/blo finish system and the VS makes it much easier to chg speeds when needed...

the velocipede allows me not only variable speed, but forwards and backwards turning for the ultimate in sanding/finishing...if i could only keep pedaling...hahahahahaha

torne pluma...jeff c, in foat wuth
www.bubbasville.com
www.texaswoodshop.com

BigRob777

I've got just one, and it is older than I am, it's a Delta Rockwell, made in Milwaukee (sp?). I'd kind of like a little one, but I've spent a small fortune this year already. I always worry that I'll get my shirt caught on the spinning bowl threaded thingie sticking out into the middle of my walkway.

bdar

I have a Vicmarc VL 850, Carb-a-tec mini lathe, an American Vermont router lathe, a 4 speed cheapie from Mitre 10 and I have only the head stock of my very first lathe a Chevron. I was only 12 when I got it, that's what I learnt on. When my grand father passed away my mother asked if I would turn a collection plate for the local C of E church in his memory. The size that mum wanted was bigger than I could swing inboard, so I cut the bed off the lathe to do it, he was my grand father. [:)]

roberts

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom.
I now have two, my son has just made me up an old ADEPT (mini)frame with a 100hrtz variable speed motor (attached to base), you should see this thing fly[:0]. My other is the mediocre Record 24[:p]. My only snag is the garage where all these wonderful impliments are is full of rubbish so I cannot get to them[:(!]
Bob `S`
Sunny UK[:D]

Andy Ryan

I have a jet mini that I bought when I got laid off from a job. The other one pedates craftsman(I belive it is a homecraft?) what the heck, it only cost me 35.00 bucks you buy a 13x36 lathe for that $. Currantly it is under modification with a sanding disc for squaring the end of blanks.

JohnDrayton

Does anyone out there use a Jet Pen Lathe, or am I the only one that thinks this is a great little tool for pens?, I have a Shopsmith but prefer the JPL for turning tiny things and I can take it with me in the RV, I just prepare blanks on the shopsmith and take them with me to turn when the mood strikes me. I'M not talking about the Jet Mini, the JPL is tiny tiny tiny
got it at Woodcraft!
J.D. Drayton Colo,Calif,Ark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom