Small Mills Query

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I believe the Hi-Torque mill from ausee is also sold by Little Machine Shop in the US

Don't have any experience with it though

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mine is a clone of the first one and even though I love it, now that I've got learn a bit about them, I would now choose the Sieg. Two main reasons: I have mine on quite a high bench so I don't need to stoop over. This makes reaching for the height adjustment wheel a drag. The Sieg doesn't have that issue. Second is the geared drive. I'm going to convert mine to a toothed belt. The Sieg already has it.
Both are tilting head instead of tilting column, which is good. :wink:

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
Mine is a clone of the first one and even though I love it, now that I've got learn a bit about them, I would now choose the Sieg. Two main reasons: I have mine on quite a high bench so I don't need to stoop over. This makes reaching for the height adjustment wheel a drag. The Sieg doesn't have that issue. Second is the geared drive. I'm going to convert mine to a toothed belt. The Sieg already has it.
Both are tilting head instead of tilting column, which is good. :wink:

How high have you got yours?
More I read about them more I like the Seig, pity the price wasn't more in line with the M650.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
1.25m.....or about 4 foot in old money. Table height. My height crank wheel is on top of the column without the bevelled gear drive of the first one. If it had the bevelled gear then it would worry me less. But I do like the under bed version.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom