Real Damascus Steel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Which ones would you like also

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OKLAHOMAN

I've just today ordered from my Damascus supplier 12 bars of Damascus in 4 different patterns, I will have these cut, turned and bored to size. My question is as of now I'm thinking of only having them in the Jr. Series, the Majestic and Jr. Majestic and the Sierra series.
Here are the patterns that were ordered:

fish_0.jpg
serpent_0.jpg
shark_0.jpg
thunderstorm2_0.jpg

My question is are there any other component sets you would be interested in these being made for and you who do custom (kitless) would you be intresed in bar stock?​

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Roy, I would be interested in a Imperial blank set using the bottom sample I believe you called Thunder Storm.

Keith "mrburls"

OKLAHOMAN

Chuck, the raw bars are rough 5/8 x 12 inches long more or less , would you want it turned to a specific dimension ready for you to cut, finish turning and acid etching and drilling ?

Roy, I would be interested in a couple of the bottom bars for kitless pens. Please keep me in mind.

Repelfromapen

I have been contemplating getting some Damascus rods for a new pen project. If u were to turn, drill, and etch what would be the range as far as price for these patterns? What would be the range if u just got the raw materials?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Roy, I'm thinking, the raw bars would give me the freedom to turn and drill the sizes I use.
Chuck, the raw bars are rough 5/8 x 12 inches long more or less , would you want it turned to a specific dimension ready for you to cut, finish turning and acid etching and drilling ?

Roy, I would be interested in a couple of the bottom bars for kitless pens. Please keep me in mind.

OKLAHOMAN

Raw bars will be approximately 5/8 inches by 12 inches and be in the neighborhood of $300, they will need to be handled with care as they will be roughly shaped, in other words not completely rounded. Finished blanks for a two barreled pen I'm hoping to keep the cost at around $200 a set and one barreled pens at $125.00, these will be sized and acid etched, waxed and oiled ready to assemble and after assembly you would have no problem selling in the $1,000 range for two barreled pens and $700 on the one barreled pens. I have sold over a dozen pens made with Damascus over the last few years.Here is a photo of what a finished pen will look like and one of what you would get by ordering the finished barrels

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3154-1.jpg

OKLAHOMAN

Levi, no need for a metal lathe if you buy them component specific, thats what I'll be offering to most. Some of the custom (kitrless) folks will buy the raw rods and they will need a metal lathe, maybe even a mill.

darrin1200

I would be interested in the Baron finshed sets. I may also be interested in a bar of raw stock. While I don't have a metal lathe yet, I am hoping to have one this summer.

OKLAHOMAN

Ty, received the billets of Damascus a few weeks ago and they are in the process of being machined as I type this. In a few more weeks I hope to have some great news on how these are being used for you to have. Stay tuned...

Top Bottom