New Adjustable MT1 Pen Mandrel for MT2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDTurner

Hi everyone,

I have a brand new unopened MT1 adjustable pen mandrel that I wold like to trade for a MT2 pen mandrel. I had originally bought the mandrel before I bought my first mini lathe. I was planning on buying the small harbor freight lathe and then I came across the 25% off coupon and decided to get the bigger lathe. Since the bigger lathe has MT2 tail and headstock I can't use the new mandrel that I had bought. The one I have is from Peachtree Woodworking Pen Mandrels

If anyone has a MT2 mandrel I'm winning to do a straight trade even if it's used and in decent shape. Also if you have a mandrel saver along with a MT2 pen mandrel, I'm willing to add cash on my side to get both.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

king11

MT1 vs. MT2

Hi, I'm new to turning, but I thought MT1 had the same taper as MT2 only
not as long. Can't you use the MT2 on the smaller lathe?

I'm thinking of buying the smaller H.F. lathe.

king11

Curly

Hi, I'm new to turning, but I thought MT1 had the same taper as MT2 only not as long. Can't you use the MT2 on the smaller lathe? I'm thinking of buying the smaller H.F. lathe. king11

The Morse tapers are all the same angle but the diameters get bigger as the morse number grows. A Number 2 taper won't go in a Number 1. A Number 1 will rattle in a Number 2 spindle. My metal lathe has a Number 5 spindle and the through hole is over 1 1/2" in diameter.

duncsuss

Hi, I'm new to turning, but I thought MT1 had the same taper as MT2 only
not as long. Can't you use the MT2 on the smaller lathe?

I'm thinking of buying the smaller H.F. lathe.

king11

Be very careful. At least one of the HarborFreight lathes is described in their documentation as "MT 1" when it is in fact MT 2.

Top Bottom