Your Mission, should you choose to accept it...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

OK, first off, this only works if sierra vistas use the same tubes as regular sierra which they do from what i can tell... I have been working on an experimental blank that entails a lot of aspects and so far it hasn't worked out with the traditional sierra pen setup... I don't have anything to turn sierra vistas which leave more space for material so i figured that i could both give a blank to someone who would like a unique challenge as well as not have to buy new bushings and stuff...

If someone would like to try out a blank for me i would be grateful and if it doesn't work out i don't expect you to waste it on a kit...

Heres the catch (as always):
Some of the materials in the blank are very hard and dull traditional tools rather quickly. I was able to turn it with the woodchuck pen pro but even to carbide tools it took a while...

And, i would want to see how it works out within the next month(ish) so if anyone is interested in a challenge post here and let me know!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

Thats what i needed, Alex, your my guy and if that falls thru, desertrat, ill get a hold of you... Pm Sent and thanks to all!

broitblat

Jonathan,

For what it's worth, I've turned a bunch of Sierra Vistas and don't have the bushings. I do have regular Sierra bushings, and just used calipers to get to the proper dimensions.

-Barry

alphageek

Former Moderator
Just and FYI - I see you have a volunteer, but I can confirm that the tubes for the vista are the same as the regular sierra.

Top Bottom