Where to get high qaulity click pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

les-smith

I'm pretty much fed up with the click pens I've been getting at Woodcraft. Their quality is down the toilet. The click mechanism gets stuck in the open position consistantly, the one I just made has a clip that has no strength to it. I've had one person ask me to fix the pen that I sold them. I seem to have a lot of interest in click pens at work so I'd like to continue to make them. I need a high qaulity kit though. Where should I purchase them? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Depending on who you ask you are going to get different answers.
I have yet to have a problem with the ones I have made.
The Power point from PSI but the nib is ugly(well clunky, to me)
I have made the button click from Berea but WC handles Berea kits but I don't know which ones you have purchased.
I have madew and am using the "gel writer pro from PSI and it has been working fine.
Isuggest you return the one you bought at WoodCraft.Show them it doesn't work and dismantle it in front of them.Once you take a click apart it is toast.
I think it is a marketing thing from the mfgrs point of view.
"clicks" in todays society are considered "throw away pens" regardless of the materials they are made from and who makes them.
It is a shame.I have shown roller ball pens to some people who push down on the top of a baron and look at eithr end to see where the "wrting end" will come out.
Personally I think "blue collar workers" nurses, doctors, would be a good market for a high end click pen with upgrade platings and excellent mechanics.I guess the mfgrs think the stima of the click pen as a disposable pen is not a worthy market.
Perhaps it is our fault for not demanding one(as if they would listen)
One thing is for certain, a pen that could be dismantled for repair without ruining it would be nice.

Randy_

Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />.....I think it is a marketing thing from the mfgrs point of view.
"clicks" in todays society are considered "throw away pens" regardless of the materials they are made from and who makes them.....

In the case of the 39¢ Bics or the freebie ad pens, this is no doubt true. But spend $4.99 for a Parker T-Ball Jotter and it will last. I've got one that is almost 20 years old. Never had one go bad....always lose them before they crap out. I've considered scavenging the guts of a Parker to use in a wooden pen; but it doesn't look like it would be an easy conversion.

BB says he has an everyday pen....the Berea Button Click pen....that is over a year old so that might be one to look at??

kent4Him

CSUSA is the best that I've found, which are not great. I've brought this up before. I'd love some other styles and an improved quality in the click pens.

les-smith

We use click pens all day at work. We carrying them in our pocket or hang them on our badge holder cord. They get used non-stop all day. People are asking for them, but if theye are going to keep messing up I don't want to sell. Everyone says that they like the click pen over the slimline twist. I've ordered from CSUSA so maybe that is the way to go. I just want a good kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom