Vesper Stylus Click Pen assembly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RKB

Penn State help desk is closed and was wondering if anyone has assembled the Vesper Stylus Click Pen Kit? I am having issues with the little black rubber Stylus Tip. The directions are not clear, at least to me, on how the stylus rubber tip is to be installed.?
THanks
Rod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

You put the rubber stylus tip onto the stylus tip holder. Then screw that assembly into the tip. Out of the last four I made, however, two of the stylus tips tore when I tried to screw them into the tip. I emailed PSI, and it turns out that they had some stylus tip holders that were machined wrong. They sent me replacements.

Attachments

• tip01.jpg
    tip01.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 120
  • tip09.jpg
    tip09.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 170
  • tip10.jpg
    tip10.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 135
  • tip11.jpg
    tip11.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 198
  • tip04.jpg
    tip04.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 134
  • tip06.jpg
    tip06.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 160
  • holders.jpg
    holders.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: RKB

RKB

WOW. Thank you Jim for taking the time to answer my question so thoroughly. The pics were totally awesome and really helped me. I think my holders are incorrect too. Will contact them on Monday.

Appreciate all your posts.
Take care.

Rod

qquake

No problem, Rod, happy to help. I was pretty vexed when two of the rubber tips tore. I was happy to find out it was nothing I did wrong.

Jolly Red

I would say it is more comfortable to use the stylus end without having to grip the pocket clip. More of a normal way to hold the pen.

RKB

UPDATE: Penn State sent me new stylus tips that fit and I got these pens assembled this afternoon after the mailman arrived. There was an issue with the stylus tips being too large, the new ones are .001 smaller and work very well. Whew that was way too close to Christmas. Note to self: don't use unknown and untried pen kits for Christmas gifts.:redface:
Thanks again to Jim Lane for his help.
Merry Christmas.
Rod

Top Bottom