Tulipwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

buster

I have some tulipwood blanks that I used for the first time yesterday and when gluing up the tube it set so fast that I couldn't get the tube in all the way. I was just suprised how fast it set up I've never had that happen. That's all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

I use thick C/A it seems not to set up so fast,have every thing ready before you insert tube,gloves on,something to push it in with,towel to wipe up with. Carl

sbell111

I hate it when that happens.

The last time I ordered CA, I got some with slightly longer curing time so this will not happen again (hopefully).

Rudy Vey

Don't use CA - use epoxy or polyurethane glues - Gorilla Glue. These have long open times. I have found that CA glue is not a good choice for gluing the tubes in (like too short open time, all failures I had with tubes coming loose during turning was when they were glued in with CA). My preferred glue is Devcon's 5 min epoxy.

Chasper

I've had that happen too, not often and it is rarely happens anymore. You have heard all of the best advice; have everything ready before putting in any glue, make sure the blank is cool. I also test the tube before using CA, drop it in and make sure it slides out the other end easily. If it is too tight use a file to open up the drilled hole a little better. CA sets up in tight contact, I think that if the tube is too tight it will set too quickly.

Top Bottom