Triton, Rinehart, etc. @ Lee Valley

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

islandturner

[/quote]With all due respect to LV; those pen kits make great giveaways; but I have no intention to sell them due to the platings! Just me I guess! [/quote]

Is that just the pen kits, Mack? Or the razor hardware, too? I was just about to buy some... Thanks, Steve

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
With all due respect to LV; those pen kits make great giveaways; but I have no intention to sell them due to the platings! Just me I guess! [/quote]

Is that just the pen kits, Mack? Or the razor hardware, too? I was just about to buy some... Thanks, Steve[/quote]Hi Steve; Well the razor hardware being chrome will stand up. It's the Gold platings that aren't Ti. grades, I don't like!

I see William Wood-Write is carrying the Triton and the shaver in Chrome.

dexter0606

Mack
I like Bill's (William Wood-Write) version of the Triton and Electra. They don't mix the platings (chrome pen with gold clip). I've made and sold quite a few of these and haven't had any issues with the platings. I have a Triton soapstone that is my carry pen and haven't noticed any plating issues.
I have however noticed issues with the El Grande gold plating. looks kind of cheap right out of the package.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Mack
I like Bill's (William Wood-Write) version of the Triton and Electra. They don't mix the platings (chrome pen with gold clip). I've made and sold quite a few of these and haven't had any issues with the platings. I have a Triton soapstone that is my carry pen and haven't noticed any plating issues.
I have however noticed issues with the El Grande gold plating. looks kind of cheap right out of the package.
Thanks Jeff, Good stuff to know! I may have to try a few of each.

ctubbs

Exotic Blanks, Ed, has the Triton RB for 15.50 or there abouts. I have been carrying one everyday since last med December with no problems with plating or threads. Great pen and goes together real well.
Charles

Top Bottom