Triton assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Ed and Dawn finally managed to come up with one of Toni's yellow rose and black butterfly tube sets that fit the Triton. Now before anyone jumps me about no pictures, did not happen, I showed it to my bride and now have to catch her asleep to get the photos. They will be forthcoming. However, i did run into one little problem that required the judicious use of the punch set. Step #4 says "assemble the LARGER stop ring onto one of the barrel couplers." I did that. At this point I had read ahead and proceeded streight to step #6,. where it says, "assemble the SMALLER stop ring onto the other barrel coupler." Now I combine steps #5 and 7 and press both ends into the barrel. This is where I discovered that the step on the ring goes away from thr barrel. Dig out the ol' punch set and proceed to drive the couplers out of the tube. The little hammer does no good so I use my framing hammer. Everything comes out good, thr rings get turned around where the steps face AWAY FROM THE BARREL and my wife is the proud owner of one beautiful Toni/ Triton thanks to Exotic Blanks.
Please excuse the typing as my 15 pound lap cat is helping tonight and I can't see all the keys.
Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Been there!

I feel your pain Charles. There is a dyed curly maple Baron rollerball on my computer desk that was assembled just like that. I use it every day to remind me which way those stupid rings go and to pay attention to the little things. Didn't bother fixing it and didn't take pictures of it either.
I could tell you about a cigar that I assembled four times. Nevermind. Carry on.

Fred

" I showed it to my bride and now have to catch her asleep to get the photos."

OK, just hope you know a great divorce lawyer ... Whooops, just what did you show her? Your narratrive is just a bit vague here ... probably just the cat getting in your way!

And as far as directions go, they are normally written in a sequence order! Guess you figuered that one out already.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks!!!

I went back to look at the instructions and you are ABSOLUTELY correct!!! Even the picture doesn't say which way the rings should go!!

leestoresund

I, too, had that problem previously with a Baron, so I knew to look for it.

Ed, I just did finish assembling a Triton Rollerball. My concern was a little different because of the size of the black insert compared to the instructions.
However, after reading your post I went back and looked at the directions I downloaded from Woodcraft. They clearly show which way the little rings are supposed to be set.
I also looked at the instructions from Craft Supplies for the Jr. Gent. (An amazingly similar pen kit.) Not only do they show the proper orientation they also have a blow up insert that is sure to emphasize the proper placement of the little ring.
Copy attached.

I went back and looked at the instructions supplied by Berea with your kits. They do have the proper orientation for the rings shown in the blow apart but if you didn't know to look for it you probably wouldn't notice it.

Lee

Attachments

• Triton pens.pdf
    679 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

leestoresund

picture of tonite's Triton

This is for a customer who's husband is a retired Marine Colonel.

Attachments

• DSCN1797.JPG
    DSCN1797.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 160

PenMan1

Nice work, Lee! ..... Hey, wait a minute.... I think that's the blank that went missing from the shop:).... Well maybe not... At least the Devildog ensignia didn't come from a proper AF household:) Hey, I recognize that hardware, too....Damned!

leestoresund

You're 100% keerect, Andy. The Truestone came from your shop. That particular Triton came from the local Woodcraft. The one I filched from your shop is waiting for the M3. Which will also have a Marine Eagle Globe and Anchor but I have to get it to a jeweler to bend (mold, make fit) the larger EGA to the M3.

Lee

PenMan1

Just bustin yo chops, Lee! The pen looks FANTASTIC!

Did you make the meeting, yesterday? I tried, but got a couple of nice, big, fat custom orders that gotta be done Wednesday.

leestoresund

Insignia

John, the Eagle Globe and Anchor is a lapel pin that I got from 4armedforces.com. I pinched off some of the tack, drilled the smallest hole I could in the top and epoxied the pin to the top.
The Truestone I pilfered from PenMan1's shop.
I also got some larger emblems, (1x3/4) both brass and OD from Sgt. Grit.
I have not found a good way to bend them to the right circumference for a large pen like the Triton or Jr. Gent. I plan on taking one to the local jeweler tomorrow to see what he can do. (Don't even think of putting it on a smaller pen.)
I plan on taking some to the local Viet Nam Veteran Businessmen's lunch in January.
Lee

ctubbs

Lee, that is one beautiful and respectful pen. I am sure that he will be very happy with it. Congratulations.
Also, thank you to all above that admit to putting those rings on backwards. I do not feel any smarter, but it is nice to have company.:redface::biggrin:
Charles

jttheclockman

John, the Eagle Globe and Anchor is a lapel pin that I got from 4armedforces.com. I pinched off some of the tack, drilled the smallest hole I could in the top and epoxied the pin to the top.
The Truestone I pilfered from PenMan1's shop.
I also got some larger emblems, (1x3/4) both brass and OD from Sgt. Grit.
I have not found a good way to bend them to the right circumference for a large pen like the Triton or Jr. Gent. I plan on taking one to the local jeweler tomorrow to see what he can do. (Don't even think of putting it on a smaller pen.)
I plan on taking some to the local Viet Nam Veteran Businessmen's lunch in January.
Lee

I too have some pins I want to try to bend but the metal is too brittle. Thanks for the reply. It does look good.

Top Bottom