Trend Airshield Pro filters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dtswebb

I had to replace the filters in my Trend Airshield Pro this last weekend. So I drove out to my local Woodcraft and purchased a replacement set so I could keep turning.

When I went to install the new filters, I immediately noticed that the filters did not have foam gaskets installed on the ends. If I wasn't thinking, I could have put the filters in, closed the hood and started turning - all the while with no filtration of the wood dust.

I've contacted Trend and they will be sending me a new set of filters with the gaskets.

While this solves my problem (other than having to wait for the replacement filters to arrive; in the interim I've been using a dust mask), I'm concerned that someone else out there may have wound up with a similar set of filters and not knowing any better are potentially harming themselves.

If you have a Trend Airshield Pro, check the filters (even if they're the original filters) and make sure they have gaskets. If you know someone that has an Airshield Pro, make sure they know. If you buy replacement filters, check them for gaskets. My issue may have been a one-off, but experience tells me if it happened once, it can happen again.

Other than the issue with the filters, I highly recommend the Airshield Pro. It's lightweight, comfortable and does an excellent job of protecting my lungs and face.

Matthew

Top Bottom