Tonight's PSA: Don't drop your new PR blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Just a little public service announcement for the night.

When you order a bunch of PR blanks and are putting them away, don't drop one on the concrete floor when they're really cold. You'll end up with more blanks than you started with, just slightly shorter :frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Or butterfly effect. I knocked over a bin this morning myself. The shockwave must have traveled.

It really doesn't have to be super cold. PR is already brittle it's just cold temps make it much worse.

Carl Fisher

It was probably 48 in the shop but they came right out of the mailbox and could have been closer to mid 30's when they came out of the package.

I'm recalling just how much I prefer Alumilite over PR. And yeah Jonathon, karma bit me on this one I think :biggrin:

Carl Fisher

I think the warmest I got the shop up to today was 50. I had 4 shirt layers and a hat on and I was alright out there.

The two little space heaters out there aren't enough to warm the entire space. Larger heater isn't in the budget until next year.

1080Wayne

Hope you arent standing on a concrete floor while working at the lathe . A cushioned mat might have prevented the breakage , as well as helping your feet and back .

I am with you on the Alumilite , and with Dan on the shop conditions . Outside +-40C , inside 20C ,+-5C .

Carl Fisher

I have fatigue mats at the major tools, but not under my blank storage which is mounted on the wall. Might have to rethink that :biggrin:

raar25

My shop is a chilly 65 all the time and I have 3 layers on at any time. If i had to tolerate 40 degrees I would find a new hobby.

Top Bottom