Testing for Cebloplast? Blank I.D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to test a blank and see if it's Cebloplast or another acrylic. I have some rods that I acquired that are similar in there melting abilities as I've heard cebloplast is, but don't think I have a comparision anywhere to check.

Is there any tests I can do on the rods to see if they are Cebloplast or not?

Any help gratefully received!
PHIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sorry Phil, I can tell by the smell and the way it turns and responds to heat.

NONE of that can be put into words.

Wise-ass comment is, of course, send it to me---I will return it to you if it is not and I will make REALLY nice pens, if it is:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Edit in: If you post a pic, someone may be able to tell you if they have seen that pattern in cebloplast.

Last edited:

philb

I've found a piece of Celebration Cebloblast that I got from Exotics, and the colours are pretty close and the patterning is very close.

Maybe I'll turn a piece of genuine and compare, seems a bit of a waste of genuine as a tester though!!

I tried to sand the end of a blank flush to the tube as I would normally on my disc sander, and it simply grabbed at the sandpaper and seemed to just smear and melt the end of the blank. (this was on the unknown sample)

Would this be true of cebloplast? I'm guessing a barrel trimmer is better than the disc sander method for trimming excess?!

Cheers!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've found a piece of Celebration Cebloblast that I got from Exotics, and the colours are pretty close and the patterning is very close.

Maybe I'll turn a piece of genuine and compare, seems a bit of a waste of genuine as a tester though!!

I tried to sand the end of a blank flush to the tube as I would normally on my disc sander, and it simply grabbed at the sandpaper and seemed to just smear and melt the end of the blank. (this was on the unknown sample)

Would this be true of cebloplast? I'm guessing a barrel trimmer is better than the disc sander method for trimming excess?!

Cheers!

Much slower speed, Phil!! ON EVERYTHING except turning. Heat+cebloplast=melted attempt

Top Bottom