Suggestions for Replacement Part For Copper Slim Center Band

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crokett

doing some Pens For Servicemen. I started assembling a copper slim line last night and realized the center band is missing. I've had the kit for a while, it is highly possible I cannibalized it for something else. Anyway, any ideas for fabbing up a replacement, or is it easier just to find a source and order some?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Great opportunity to turn your own centerband it sounds like.

I looked and don't have one or would be happy to send along but turning your own would be a cool touch.

Janster

doing some Pens For Servicemen. I started assembling a copper slim line last night and realized the center band is missing. I've had the kit for a while, it is highly possible I cannibalized it for something else. Anyway, any ideas for fabbing up a replacement, or is it easier just to find a source and order some?

..I can send you some if you wish!....Jan

Ross

I have turned several free standing centerbands for slimlines. It is good practice in small turning.

crokett

I think I am going to press the end and clip out of the upper barrel, put it back on the mandrel and turn a little bit off the tube, then glue on some contrasting wood and turn that flush to make that the center band.

Top Bottom