Small pen gift suggestion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dovetail48

Greetings,

I am getting ready to make Christmas gifts for family and close friends. I like jr. gents and statesmans. However, what is a very nice smaller pen? My purpose is for gifts only, so the pen kit price is not a big concern. I can't really ask the people what they might want. So, for those with this experience or pen sellers, what do people want in a small pen?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

altaciii

I believe that, when giving a gift, a lot depends on the recipient. You must first decide weather it will be a roller ball or ball point. My best selling pen by far is the Euorpean style twist ball point. It comes in a wide range of platings and you can dress it with any wood or acrylic. The sierra style is easier to make, (1 piece to turn and no tenon to cut), and could be a nice gift for someone with smaller hands. It is also a ballpoint.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
The keychain pens are small. Not all that inexpensive when you consider that
the kit is more than some of the regular sized kits, but you can get 1.5 pens
from a blank, so two blanks gets you three gifts.. somewhere around $10 plus
two blanks for three gifts .. not so bad.

.. and people won't lose them. :biggrin:

jedgerton

Gift pens

For smaller pens my choice would be the Rhodium Euro from Craft Supplies and for the ladies, the Elegant Beauty that was mentioned earlier.

John

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The Elegant Beauty from www.laulauwood.com

attachment.php

Last edited:

GoodTurns

I like the Sierra or Sierra Vista (and their various clones) for anybody...with the right blank and kit (poker, christian fish, warrior, turtle, etc) you can match the gift to the recipient.

Along the same line as the Gent's and Statesmen's is the Baron and Churchill... they are somewhat smaller than the Gents/Statesmen but every bit as elegant. The Olympian is also a good choice.
My personal preference to gift pens is always a capped style of pen...

GBusardo

If you are thinking of smaller kits, I would go with the Comfort or Streamline. I am not a fan of the rubber thingy on the comfort, but people seem to like them. PenShopPro has great prices on the comforts and whatever they call the streamline. I would probably also go with an acrylic to match the kit. If you decide to use wood, it might be a good idea to use a wood that has a distinct grain pattern or pretty colorful. Maybe something like Bocote, Cocobola, Tulipwood for the ladies? Remember, you will be giving these as gifts to people who maynot ever consider spending 25 to 100 bucks on a pen. Make the pens somewhat loud. Just my thoughts :)

Top Bottom