Slimline Pro Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnGreco

Hey folks, I need a bit of a hand. I just assembled a slimline pro (PSI) that doesn't want to stay extended. When I click to extend the ink, it extends, then slowly makes its way back into the housing until the tip is barely visible.

Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to salvage this blank? (It is historic wood that has been engraved, so am really hoping the material is at least able to be kept intact)

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions/luck you can send my way :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allisnut

John,

I'm not sure about the slowly oozing back in part. If the center band is installed upside down (long part down), the click mechanism won't stay high enough in the tube to work right. I have either left out the clicker, or put the centerband in upside down, several times.

Adam

allisnut

Oh, forgot to mention that you can usually get one side apart from the cneter band easily by grasping each end and pulling / wiggling it apart. My luck tends towards the center and staying in the cap section, and it is difficult to get it out without destrying it. If it stay in the bottom you are set - punch the nib piece out and use the right size transfer punch to knock out the cneter band.

Good luck!

Try turning the spring on the refill over. Odds are if it is oozing back in the clicker isn't clicking all the way and the refill is hanging up on something. Are you using the refill that comes with the kit or a different one? Sometimes with a different refill the sticker on the refill will hang it up.

JohnGreco

Thanks folks. The ink is the original cartridge. Not really sure what is going on, at first it seems to be extended correctly but then it slooooowly vanishes (well, over maybe 3 seconds, not too slow I guess). I've made a lot and never had this happen.

I was able to disassemble it, so at least that much went right lol :)

Top Bottom