slimline deco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazard

I turned my 1st this weekend. It was a nickel slimline deco with some cherry scrap I had laying around. I think it turned out good and I am using it today. I can not stand the center band turning. I was going to glue it to the turning mechanism. Does anyone else do this?

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Hey Chris...as folks around here say, "If there's no photo it didn't happen."

With that said, if the center band turns are you sure the top half of the pen is seating correctly? Did you mill the end so it's flush?

Post a pic and let's take a gander.

Buzz

Chris

I looked at your photo and it is a fine looking pen, although the band appears to be proud of the barrels. All the Slimline pens I've turned have the band's outer diameter the same as the barrels. Like this, the band cannot even be felt and so movement is not an issue.

Regards

hazard

Letter C is the kit I turned http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=1973 The band is proud of the pen. That is what I kind of don't like. I plan on turning a few slimline pens this weekend.

thanks for your input
Chris

BigguyZ

I'd buy a replacement band then. I accidently bought one of those kits, and as soon as I saw the center band I ran to WC to buy a pack of replacements. That band is just horrible, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom