Slimline and Acrylic?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

Might be too simple a question, but can you make a slimline pen out of acrylic?

I am certain that I would have to paint the inside of the blank, but other than that, it is a good idea to make such a pen out of acrylic?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

Absolutely! Sometimes you want to paint paint the inside of the hold, sometimes the tube, sometimes both, and sometimes neither! How's that for consistency? lol

WriteON

Might be too simple a question, but can you make a slimline pen out of acrylic?

I am certain that I would have to paint the inside of the blank, but other than that, it is a good idea to make such a pen out of acrylic?

Slimlines look great with acrylic. I have not painted anything. I tend to use dark(and sometimes pre-drilled) blanks. Experiment.

Warren White

Yes, I can!

Thanks to each of you who offered encouragement and suggestions, I have just finished my first acrylic slimline. It is a Craft Supply Apprentice Fancy Slimline kit.

I painted the inside of the blank with white spray paint (I thought it would highlight the beauty of the acrylic, and it did). I waited 4 or 5 days to let the paint cure before putting the tubes in. I let the epoxy cure for 24 hours and turned it this morning.

The top of the pen isn't as spectacular as I thought it would be; after turning it down to Slimline dimensions, most of the character was sucked into my dust collector. This was one of those cases where beauty really was only skin deep.:rolleyes:

But, I really like the end result.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 184
Top Bottom