Saltwater Fisherman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Decals

Go to any fishing rod compont supplier and they have decals or stickets of many saltwater fish, just apply to the painted tube coat with CA and pour in clear acrylic. I have used them and the work great, you can also apply to the finish blank them coat with CA

bruce119

Go to any fishing rod compont supplier and they have decals or stickets of many saltwater fish, just apply to the painted tube coat with CA and pour in clear acrylic. I have used them and the work great, you can also apply to the finish blank them coat with CA

Good idea I suggest a Snook or Red Fish. That would cover an inshore fisher.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is a fishing line pen a did a few years ago. It was really popular with my brother-in-law who is an avid fisherman and TX Game Warden on Matagorda Bay area.

To make it, I simply painted the tube and mounted it in the bushings. I then applied a little bit of CA on one end to start the fishing line and spooled it on the tube by turning the lathe by hand. I made one pass and then stopped and soaked it in CA. Then another pass, etc until it was just above the bushings. Then turned it down and applied a final ca finish.

Attachments

• FishingLine Tapa3.jpg
    FishingLine Tapa3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 329
  • FishingLine Tapa4.jpg
    FishingLine Tapa4.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 295

mrcook4570

First idea that came to mind is shark skin cast in acrylic. I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to obtain some shark skin, but it would certainly make a cool pen.

Akula

First idea that came to mind is shark skin cast in acrylic. I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to obtain some shark skin, but it would certainly make a cool pen.

I know a few that were doing some fish skins. I would think shark would dry out and not sure how you could tan it to keep it from getting hard. Would be cool if you were able to keep the feel of the shark...could pull double duty as well...it's a pen, it's a callus remover, it's sharktastic LOL

I have access to a lot of sharks, so if you can come up with a way, I would be glad to give it a try and share the results. Shark fishermen will be hitting it hard soon

WildThings

I ended up going with the decal of a yellowfin tuna on a custom painted tube and casted in clear PR with a slight green pearl hue. The green pearl gave it a different look. I put it on a chrome magnetic Vertex rollerball and it was sent to my DIL's dad in the Florida Keys for fathers day.

Here's the results SALTWATER FISHERMAN

As alway all cc's are welcome and thanks for all the suggestions

WildThings
Barry

Top Bottom