Refill problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplace

Has anyone had a slimline refill leak ink out the top? A lady brought me her pen and it had ink all over it, I took the pen apart and it has ink everywhere inside and it seems the ink came out the top of the refill.

She claims it was on her desk when it started leaking. The only two things I have ever seen make the ink come out of the refill was heat or putting the pen in your mouth (Bic Stiks).

The ink is all over the wood, and I am thinking it will be easier to just turn a new barrel than clean the ink and fix the finish. Ideas?

kghinsr

Mrplace I had that happen only once. the pen went thru the drier. As for the pen by the time you got done turning a partial replacement you should just give her a new one if she is a good customer. its easier on you than trying to match a replacement tube and or trying to get the ink off. I did that with a couple of other items and they have always come back for more because the service is good.
ken
slippery rock, pa

mrplace

Thats what I was planning. It has ink all over both barrels, and inside the tubes. I was more or less going to just make a whole new kit, for what slimlines cost, its not worth spending 30 minutes cleaning the parts.

arioux

Hi,

Replacing the pen would be the best way to go imho, sprecially if she is a good custommer. But i hope you realize that this can not and i repeat this can not have happen by itself like she said [}:)]
This pen went thru the washer/dryer or was left in a car at 110 degree for a day, or any other extreme condition.

Alfred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom