Question about refills????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

My wife likes the size and style of the Panache but she is not a fan of the rollerball. So, before I waste all of my (little) time available trying to modify the use of a parker or something, I thought I would check with all of you. Does anyone know of a replacement ink that would work in a rollerball pen? Any help appreciated. thanks, John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
When I was in Staples awhile back looking for refills, there was a brand that made "adjustable" ballpoint refills. You just cut the cartridge to length you need. I've used them in a few kitless pens I've made. It seems to work okay. But the ink quality is more like a "Bic."

burgerman

My wife likes the size and style of the Panache but she is not a fan of the rollerball. So, before I waste all of my (little) time available trying to modify the use of a parker or something, I thought I would check with all of you. Does anyone know of a replacement ink that would work in a rollerball pen? Any help appreciated. thanks, John

Hey John, You might try this place:

http://www.coloradopen.com/product/...BP_Conversion_Refill/Cross_Rollerball_Refills

I haven't ordered any yet, but I need the same thing. I gave my sister a piano pen (Gentleman's) from Kallenshaan last year. She prefers a ballpoint. I'm going to order a couple of these refills for her pen. Not sure if they will fit the panache. I would guess they are the same. I would measure to see if it's 4-3/8". Good luck!

PenWorks

A Pilot G2 Gel refill will replace the roller ball, you can get a broad or a fine. You can also replace the roller with a Schmidt felt tip. Though not very popular, some people really like the felt tip.

tim self

+1 on the G2. one thing to note with the G2 tho. I placed one in a baron to check fit and it did not protrude quite as much. Nothing serious that would impenge use but enough to notice.

JohnU

Thanks for all the help. I think Im going to give them all a try to see what she likes the best. She does a lot of writing at work so she will have plenty of time to test drive them. lol Thanks, John

JohnU

I wanted to post an update to this questions. I tried the ink replacement at Colorado Pens with success. http://www.coloradopen.com/product/C...erball_Refills
Its a cross refill large and long to replace a rollerball. The wife said it will take a bit to get used to it since you still use the spring the tip will move in and out with more pressure,(unlike a standard ballpoint) but Im guessing I could cut a small pin or brad nail to insert in the sprint to take care of that. She decided she didnt want gel because she has to write a lot at work and didnt want it to smear or smudge. Thanks for all the help. John

Top Bottom