Question about Laser Etching

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allenworsham

Good Day!

I am getting ready to make a desk set for a friend at church. He is going to be the principal of a new christian high school that will be opening in September 08. The pens are not the issue as I have that pretty much in line, but what I want to do is on the base to have laser etched the logo of the school. I have attempted to get a hold of Kallenshaan Woods, but their site is not coming up as it keeps saying the sever is busy. So I figured that one of you may have done somthing similar to what I want to do.

My first question is in what condition do you send out your wood for the laser etching? Is it fully finished (CA done on the pens and/or the oil/poly finish on the base) or do you do the finish after you get it back?

Also, how about coloring in the etching? I know that Kallenshaan does color embedding, but I also see some people who do it them selves.

One more thing. Since is the first time I am going to be doing this, are there any other things that I need to consider in doing this project?

I know this is a bit broad, but the more information I can get coming in the better.

Here is a copy of the logo that I want to put on the base. Of course it will only have the logo and not the kids in the picture as I just copied this from the website. ( http://www,coronasaints.com )

Thanks.

200847154611_Corona%20Saints%20Logo.jpg

thewishman

My experience - finish it first, my colorfill is heavy body acrylic paint (from Michaels or Dick Blick) and let the engraver know where you want the logo and how big to make it.

Chris

Top Bottom