Quality click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouisQC

What are the quality click pens? I might have an order for a click but she doesn't the look of the Sierra has it has too much metal.

Any recommendations?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Moosewatcher

Louis,
In my humble opinion the Click pen sold by Craft Supplies USA and the Polaris click pen at PSI are the two highest quality click pens I've built. Only problem is the first only comes in gold. The Polaris click comes in Ti Gold and rhodium.

Ken

rjwolfe3

I love click pens and have not found a good one yet. Most are very noisy (Sierra Click and CSUSA Click) and the CSUSA Click has problems with certain refills. But I don't like using other style pens so my search continues.

ldb2000

How about the Long Click that Aaron sells in the classifieds , CSUSA just added a couple of the same (I think) with low end platings . These pen have a nice click mech , I haven't had any come backs yet .

rjwolfe3

Butch that is the one I am referring to. I should have said CSUSA style but Aaron sold it first. My PITH pen from last year was one of his kits and every other pen refill gets jammed no matter what brand I buy. I used it everyday for about 6 months and it was very noisy and then the refills started jamming. I think it has something to do with Parker mechanisms because I had a customer with a Slimline Pro that the same thing happened to. The refill gets stuck out and you have to take the refill out and put it back in and it works fine for a little while longer.

cbatzi01

I have put together a couple of the PSI power click pens. They are OK, but the platings are pretty low end, I feel (i've only used the satin Ni, however). The mechanism is OK. I have also turned a few of the long click pen Aaron sells, and like them however, it is heft pen when you are done, IMHO. Good luck :)

ldb2000

I think you will find that the spring is jamming the refill at the tip . Had that happen with some slimline pro's .
I replaced the spring with a heavier one , not sure where I got it from , and have also tried opening the first couple of coils a bit so the spring sits further up the nip .

Wildman

Found the CSUSA, 24K click pen very easy to make.

Berea 24K Button click pen gave me a hard time.

Polaris TN gold was okay, instructions not so good. Made my own insertion tool, click on my picture. also used bushing that came with kit for starting insertion, then used my little tenon tool to seat. Not sure if instruction still list a bushing from another kit, you don't need.

Of course Sierra Platinum click pen was the easiest.

Last edited:

GregMuller

Click pen

I have used the same sierra click for over a year without a problem. I don't even hear it clicking. Its easy to make and lends itself to some design options. The current one I use is made of an aluminum blank from Johnnie CNC.

Ligget

I have made a few Sierra click pens and always thought the click mechanism was a bit cheap when operated, I turned my first Long Click that Aaron sells and find that the click mechanism is tighter and has a more positive feel when operated.

A lot less metalwork too!

ldb2000

I think this is the least metalwork click pen out there .

1_blackvelvetclick.jpg

It really shows off a great blank .

LouisQC

Looks like the long click will be the choice of champions. If I can figure out how to drill 4 1/2 straight :)

Couldn't locate Aaron in the classifieds. Help!

GouletPens

I've never made a long click, but I've tried just about everything else. They're all crap to me. I started selling a few to my customers but they just don't click like an expensive pen should. I have a $4 Parker Jotter that clicks smoother than any clicking kit I've ever turned, so I said screw it and stopped turning clickers all together.

Ligget

I've never made a long click, but I've tried just about everything else. They're all crap to me. I started selling a few to my customers but they just don't click like an expensive pen should. I have a $4 Parker Jotter that clicks smoother than any clicking kit I've ever turned, so I said screw it and stopped turning clickers all together.

What you say is true unfortunately, it still amazes me how a cheap pen can click better, tighter and very rarely jam compared to what we pay top dollar for.:rolleyes::mad:

I am not happy with them in my inventory, but so many customers are looking specifically for a click pen for using at their work.:redface::)

GouletPens

What you say is true unfortunately, it still amazes me how a cheap pen can click better, tighter and very rarely jam compared to what we pay top dollar for.:rolleyes::mad:

I am not happy with them in my inventory, but so many customers are looking specifically for a click pen for using at their work.:redface::)
Admittedly, I often carry around a Parker Jotter when I'm in a situation where I wouldn't want to put my pens in harm's way. It clicks smoother than any other pen I've used (granted I haven't seen a lot of non-hand turned pens). If Berea or CSUSA could come up with a click kit half as smooth and solid-feeling as the Jotter, I'd start making them again.

bruce119

I too used Aaron's long clicker and like it a lot. I did not like how hard it was to push the button and a little noisy. What I did was change the spring to a weaker one I took from a sierra click kit. What an improvement it quieted it down and it was not as hard to push the button and it functions great. Defiantly my chose but with the weaker spring. I like the long tube also lots of room for showing off.

Bruce

MobilMan

I've made some of the Wall Street 11 click pens & can't find a thing wrong with them. Before I made one I had read where fol;ks talk about the noise of the Sierra. The WS11 is a very solid feeling pen & now my favorite.

Top Bottom