Power Carvers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jttheclockman

Is anyone using a power carver to do inlay work in their pens or other turnings?? If so what brand and what are some of the do's and don'ts associated with the tool. I have heard people using dental bits. Where can you get these??? I am thinking the pantogragh is too expensive so I might try something like this. Any thoughts???

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
The best place to get dental bits is to ask your dentist for worn out ones. They still work quite well with wood. I still use some in my dremel that I got years ago. If you want new, the Turbo Carver web site also sells then specifically for their high speed carver. Do a google search for turbo carver and the site will come up. Don't have one yet, but its on my wish list.

workinforwood

I do alot of carving, but haven't carved a pen. I have a foredom power carver, which is an awesome machine with many accessories and different hand pieces available...more hand pieces available for a foredom than there is different styles of pens. And yes, I too get dentist bits from the dentist...just got some the other day when I had my daughter there. Put the foredom in reverse and gently rub the tiny carbide bits on a sharpening stone and they are instantly resharpened...even the dentist does this..just ask him, he'll show you. And they are carbide bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom