Please xplain Walmart/Target pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

I've seen a few references to such pens here and am guessing it means
buying pens from said stores, disassembling, and using the
parts as kits. Is that it, or is there more?
Thanks
- G - <<== showing his neophyte ways [:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gary,

This is my opinion only. If you make a Walmart pen you will have a disposable mechanism inside your handmade pen. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I would stick with quality components.

FWIW,

GaryMGg

Thanks and rest assured, I've already decided that all kits for pens I sell will be
made from durable platings having quality components. I'm not going to invest my time, skill, and energy making someone a nice looking pen that won't hold up over time.
I expect my customers to trust me, and to do that I have to make sure that what they don't see won't come back to bite them (or me).
I sure wish there was a manufacturer in the US who {c|w}ould make kits that are competitively priced and quality rather than everyone importing them from overseas.
- G -

Pipes

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />Thanks and rest assured, I've already decided that all kits for pens I sell will be
made from durable platings having quality components. I'm not going to invest my time, skill, and energy making someone a nice looking pen that won't hold up over time.
I expect my customers to trust me, and to do that I have to make sure that what they don't see won't come back to bite them (or me).
I sure wish there was a manufacturer in the US who {c|w}ould make kits that are competitively priced and quality rather than everyone importing them from overseas.
- G -

I decided when I started turning pens to only use the BEST parts and finishes I could buy !! And so far its paid off with ZERO returns and or problems !! Iam not about to go buy a pen at Wally World and make a pen outa the parts and have a second rate pen to sell to a custmer,,
Don't make good business since IMO !!

pipes

Marc Phillips

I made a few of these... seemed like a good way to make cheap pens for giveaways....

.... but for reasons others have posted I don't bother any more with these... but I do have a tutorial still up on my web site...

http://www.woodhelp.com/WMPenTutorial.htm

reef12

Originally posted by Marc Phillips
<br />I made a few of these... seemed like a good way to make cheap pens for giveaways....

.... but for reasons others have posted I don't bother any more with these... but I do have a tutorial still up on my web site...

http://www.woodhelp.com/WMPenTutorial.htm

Nice Tut and nice looking Rocks by the way[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom